Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions-March 2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Making a video recording of the incoming storm. A plane waiting to land is currently being held. He has just said he is shutting down an engine "to save some gas"!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭secman

is there a link to listen to aTC ?

Secman

Front has passed through. Not as good as I expected. Just a heavyish shower really. Don't think I'll bother putting the video up as its not really good at all. PLanes have just begun taking off and landing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Short but lively.

Max RR was 21.8m/hr
    Temp down to 9.4c and still falling
    Wind SW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Overhead here now, max rain rate so far 11mm/hr, barely registers as a heavy shower tbh

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Damn it that rain an hour ago woke me....and I mean nothing wakes me, especially after beers the night before. Thought the roof was gonna come in. Only lasted 20 min though....clearing up nicely now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That rain an hour ago just soaked me to the skin! Tried to get the grass cut before it came but it beat me to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Very heavy rain here at the moment, its coming and going in cloud bursts. Wind seems to be picking up.

3.4°C and fair with a breeze, chilly night out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Temp 5C
    992.4mb steady - which will be the thing to watch later as it drops significantly.
    Wind west 5mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dry sunny bit of a breeze so chilly

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

993mb
    5.7c
    Had a crazy hail shower in the 9am hour.Biggest hail iv seen in a while in Limerick.
    overall, sunny with intermittent cloud bursts

Currently 6.6°C with fair breezy weather, my favourite type (after snow).
    I see the showers are making their way accross the country now, should be some here in the next couple of hours.
    The Vantage has the snow symbol on it, wouldnt be surprised to see wintry precip and temperature plunges in showers. Exciting day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Lovely spring type day here, the sky doesn't have that wet glare it usually has. The odd shower still, but feels warm in the direct sunshine. 7.0c and pressure 992.2 mb and now falling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Very light hail shower just here now. 992hpa, 7.8c dp 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

4.7C and hail shower.

Still sunny here but the wind gusts have turned have took on a more sustained strength over the last half hour, still not strong, but notably breezy now. 6.7c. 75% RH, pressure 991.0 mb falling steadily.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

my w/s pressure reading is 990mb but im not sure if i trust it ,7.8c, breeze steady from the south ,nice sunshine for a time but all about to change ,high cloud (altostratus ?) building quickly from the west.

The odd shower here with some hail, sleet and snow awhile back.
    Temp recovered to 7.9C Dp 1.2C
    990.7mb
    Wind SW 5mph

• Advertisement

989.6 mb now. The fall begins.

Some crazy swings in dew points, not quite sure what to make of it.
    About 10 mins ago it was 0.1° , now its -1.9°C, been swinging madly like that last few hours.
    I'm guessing that the air mass above is mixed and chaotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Yes, DP here is -3.4c! Current temp is +5.4c. It will be interesting to see what the temps/DPs will be like overnight and tomorrow. Chance of some transient snow/sleet events??

A

There is cold dry air filtering across the country atm as like its being pushed ahead of the storm.
    Check your RH% too. mine at 58%
    Dp at -1c.
    Air 7.6c

Temp is dropping here as well snowbie, now 6.0c, but humidity is beginning to rise, was 75% all afternoon, now 79%. Frontal cloud has moved in now but has not killed of the showers, in fact, they seem a little more intense.

Edit: 5.8c now, a definate drop in temp is taking place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Temp: 7.1c
    DP: 0.7c
    Humidity: 64%
    Pressure: 991.6

SW'ly wind blowing up to 5-10mph. Nice sunny day out, damn cold out in the wind though, skinning! :o

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Temp is dropping here as well snowbie, now 6.0c, but humidity is beginning to rise, was 75% all afternoon, now 79%. Frontal cloud has moved in now but has not killed of the showers, in fact, they seem a little more intense.

Edit: 5.8c now, a definate drop in temp is taking place.
    Do you have a dewpoint reading Paddy? and what was yur lowest reading if any.

looking at the radar and from the midlands to east there is no precip as the air has dryed out somewhat.I can see them showers on the west alright that look intense.

Dewpoint is 2.2c snowbie, not changing much as rh rises, now 81%, temp still slowly falling, now at 5.2c, Altro stratus now very evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Showers of rain, hail, sleet and snow here today!

Temp dropping fast now, down to 4.8C from a high of 8.9C, DP and RH now rising though, DP at 1.1C, RH at 77%.

• Advertisement

Air 6.1c
    Dp 0.1c
    Rh 67%
    988.5mb falling.

Advertisement