Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from playstation forum?

Options
  • 01-03-2008 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

Started a thread looking for a clan, was told to join AK47 but wanted to keep looking for recruits for my own clan(nothing like AK47, they have a small army, I just want 4-8 members max) was told off by members of AK47, matter was more or less completely resolved by post 20, but for 4 posts after that the members of said clan continued to badger me even though it would seem one of the clan leaders had already excused me and was looking forward to clan matches(post 19) No mod took the time to look at this thread until yesterday, I defended myself as much as possible and decided to just let it die as they had hijacked the thread and it was a waste of time. I was banned from the playstation(and the Game thread???whats thats about??) this morning without any explanation. Mod said "I dont care who started it" did he/she even read the thread then?and when will the ban be lifted? Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

FWIW you should have stopped posting at post 20 when you were ahead. When you get involved in arguments like that and start putting up picture of Downe's Syndrome children running with the sole purpose of insulting other posters you have already lost. You were not blameless in this episode.

At this stage I would suggest a very polite and sincere Pm to the Mod who banned you apologising for your behaviour and hope for the best. Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

personally, if that was me modding the forum and you done that you'd be banned permanently let alone a temp one.

well deserved ban IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

cheers for the advice but im not kissing arse only to be told the ban will never be lifted. Surely there should be set-in-stone rules for length of times for bans and the severity of the offence if you want to call it that.

On a different note, I find it funny that you question my morality with some kid running in the special olympics when your moderator for a forum called 'lolocaust'.... :eek:

miju wrote: »
    personally, if that was me modding the forum and you done that you'd be banned permanently let alone a temp one.

well deserved ban IMO

good thing your not then

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    cheers for the advice but im not kissing arse only to be told the ban will never be lifted. Surely there should be set-in-stone rules for length of times for bans and the severity of the offence if you want to call it that.
    It's just not possible to set rules in stone when the incidents are some many and varied. You would not believe the ingenuity of the muppets that post here. Mods make discretionary judgements of each situation working within broad guidelines.
    On a different note, I find it funny that you question my morality with some kid running in the special olympics when your moderator for a forum called 'lolocaust'.... :eek:
    I did not question your morality, just the wisdom of using a picture of a handicapped person as a means to abuse someone.

Lolocaust is a private forum, as you are not a member you cannot comment with authority on its content.

• Advertisement

so you have a private forum called 'lolocaust' may or may not have questionable possibly racist material given the extremely distasteful title. anyway,whatever, too much hypocrisy for me to be arsed with this early in the mornin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I would have said PM the mod before you started talking about 'kissing arse'. Who said anything about that? If you don't think you've done anything wrong don't bother PMing whoever banned you.

p.s. Hagar - don't give this sensitive Downe's Syndrome posting soul access to lolocaust, it may be too much :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

so you have a private forum called 'lolocaust' may or may not have questionable possibly racist material given the extremely distasteful title. anyway,whatever, too much hypocrisy for me to be arsed with this early in the mornin.

That hypocrite told you why you were banned and how to get out if it in his first response to you... maybe you should try it.

If you can't see the difference in posting offensive material in a public and private forum, when the private forum is clearly labelled for extreme humour and the public is for gaming, thats your own issue. :)

extreme humour? wow,hitler youth are alive and well then :/ as I said cheers for the advice.I was picked on, and defended myself and I got banned, all fair and all that.laters

Actually upon deeper thought of the seemingly hilarious phrase 'lolocaust' your actually saying 'laugh out loud at the holocaust'? Am I losing my mind here? Is this acceptable? I think you need your heads checked boys. I hate to think what a moderators job is in a forum with that title.

extreme humour? wow,hitler youth are alive and well then :/ as I said cheers for the advice.I was picked on, and defended myself and I got banned, all fair and all that.laters

Actually upon deeper thought of the seemingly hilarious phrase 'lolocaust' your actually saying 'laugh out loud at the holocaust'? Am I losing my mind here? Is this acceptable? I think you need your heads checked boys. I hate to think what a moderators job is in a forum with that title.

'funny on a scale that kills six million' I think the definition is.

Is this thread about the lolocaust forum or about the playstation forum?

• Advertisement

omg

If you want to talk about lolocaust start another feedback thread. You were given good advice regarding your banning.

funny that im being grilled for off topic here when that was the issue with my thread and I needed your help then and you weren't there. I just want to be allowed back onto the playstation forum because I like it and make valuable contributions most of the time. I didnt start it because I wanted to make jabs at people, but I felt a bit cornered and just wanted my clan to have a fighting chance without a load of muppets ruining it all for me. Sorry for being an asshole I just dont get why lolocaust is funny but whatever floats your boat and all that. Im just a bit shocked at how acceptable it is by a group of pretty strict mods
    :/

You should have reported the post and let the mod deal with it. simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

The Lolocaust forum has nothing to do with your banning from the Playstation forum. Congratulations, you've managed to hijack your own thread :rolleyes:

Congratulations, you've managed to hijack your own thread :rolleyes:
    Post of the week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The Lolocaust forum has nothing to do with your banning from the Playstation forum. Congratulations, you've managed to hijack your own thread :rolleyes:

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i think that could actually be a boards first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You're doing the exact same thing here as you did on the playstation forum, going on the extreme offensive and attacking people and in general acting like a child.

It was a deserved ban imo and you'll probably find yourself banned from a lot more forums if you don't wise up quick.

The AK47 members, while spouting the odd bit of personal abuse, handled it a lot better and rationally .

your opinion isnt whats needed, and if your a mod you should have helped. Anyway its all good and is being sorted.There was 5 ak47 boys, and me, so think how I feel and stop being some damn liberal

and dont make it sound like Im going around picking fights,I'm a bloody good poster and just got caught up with some fools who couldnt take no for an answer and had to keep going on.

So next time, lend a helping hand instead of stepping in at the end and telling me what I did wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

decided to just let it die as they had hijacked the thread and it was a waste of time.
    and you've hijacked this thread,your own one funnily enough.
    oddness. :confused:

are there links to this thread?
    the way you are going about your business here in feedback isnt exactly helpful to your cause.
    i won't give my opinion on whether the ban was fair until i see the thread...
    as sherifu said,you should have reported the posts, its never a good idea to start fighting between yourselves.
    ps, did the other posters get banned/infraction/warnings?

• Advertisement

your opinion isnt whats needed, and if your a mod you should have helped. Anyway its all good and is being sorted.There was 5 ak47 boys, and me, so think how I feel and stop being some damn liberal

and dont make it sound like Im going around picking fights,I'm a bloody good poster and just got caught up with some fools who couldnt take no for an answer and had to keep going on.

So next time, lend a helping hand instead of stepping in at the end and telling me what I did wrong.
    LMAO
    nerin wrote: »
    are there links to this thread?
    Warning, reading this may make you dumber:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055241012

See, you're still on the offensive? I'm not some "damn liberal", and the AK47 guys aren't "fools". They made very rational and valid points, whilst you spouted off absolute nonsense at them.

Sure enough they were personally abusive at times, but that was reported and I'm sure similar action has been taken over it.

It's a computer console forum, there really isn't a need for this kind of shít in it ( I certainly haven't seen it there before ). You were out of line, so just pm the mod and apologise and ask how long the ban is for.

For future reference, if you're banned from a forum and can't understand why, pm the mod(s) of the forum before creating some silly feedback thread about it.

ok,thats long,brb :rolleyes:

I already pm'd a mod given that Hagar told me to. If I'm being offensive then that's because I was offended. Again, it should have ended right at post 20 but they kept it up and it was pissing me off.

I already pm'd a mod given that Hagar told me to. If I'm being offensive then that's because I was offended. Again, it should have ended right at post 20 but they kept it up and it was pissing me off.
    Then put them on ignore or take the higher ground and just leave it, whatever.

from what i saw on that thread (which was painful to read) both you and kev should have just left it.
    your comments were a bit harsher than his, although seriously ye both should have let it be,but ye appeared to be both trying to get the last word.
    plus a mod told ye to stop the arguements.
    just my 2 cents

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Should get yourself a 360 tbh

yeah ok and in admittance it was only kev_ps3 that was pissing me off! if he didn't comment in the first place it would have been sound but I'm a bit of a last word kinda guy but defo when its on my own thread. I just couldnt believe what an example they were making.So I brutalized it a bit by constantly coming back.so im sorry

faceman wrote: »
    Should get yourself a 360 tbh

:o

And I didn't know there was an ignore function, would this just block out any posts from whoever was on it???

• Advertisement

:o

And I didn't know there was an ignore function, would this just block out any posts from whoever was on it???
    If someone you have on ignore posts, it comes up as "You have this user on ignore" and you've got the option to view it if you want to, thus ignoring them.

Advertisement