Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Arsenal throw it away?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Was it ever really theirs to throw away?

I still have that horrible sinking feeling that Chelski are gonna nic it.

quiet you!! dont you put the mockers on the title race! im a utd fan but i wud prefer arsenal to get it then chelski, terry would be unbareable and as for grant, he may smile, and no one wants to see that!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

gosplan wrote: »
    Nonsense IMO, total nonsense!!!
    I'm not a Liverpool but they're the form team at the moment. Man U's last two games are a loss to Pompey and a 70th min goal against Derby.

If you can only see a Utd win and Paddy power has them just over evens, then you're either a genius or a pretty basic 'Man U r de best' fan.

Time to get my "I'm a Genius " cap :)

My opinion on the weekends event, well Arsenal looking shocking again and snuck a lucky win so they might be finally turning it around but sadly too little too late in my book. I think Chelsea will push us all the way for the title but barring something shocking happening , the title is returning home for it's second season in a row again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Time to get my "I'm a Genius " cap :)

My opinion on the weekends event, well Arsenal looking shocking again and snuck a lucky win so they might be finally turning it around but sadly too little too late in my book. I think Chelsea will push us all the way for the title but barring something shocking happening , the title is returning home for it's second season in a row again.

Don't think we were lucky, yes we were awful in the first half but as soon as we made the changes we were a different team, agreat comeback imo, and like Arsenal tend to do we played right to the end so lucky? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The only lucky events in yesterday's game were Bolton scoring form their only shots on target, the second being a massive deflection. We battered them second half, deserved the win imo.

What about the debatable Arsenal penalty or the own goal that won it for ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Stone wall penalty for them mate.
    Stupid tackle by Cahill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Debatable penalty? I can't see what's so debatable about it tbh

Yeah i was wrong about the penalty, i was thinking of the one mcsheffrey got against city for some reason :S
    But my point still stands, bolton weren't the only team who could be accused of getting lucky.
    Slighty off topic, did anyone see that free for blackburn vs reading where 3 or 4 of them were offside yet no flag?Hilarious stuff tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Both Arsenal and Bolton had portions of luck in that game. Arsenal's last goal took defelections on the way in, but Bolton's second also took a wicked deflection off Gallas to help it past Almunia. In the end it was a combination of Arsenal's tenacity and Bolton taking their foot off the peddle after the hour mark which won the game for Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well whats worse is that Flamini who has been a real gem for them this season looks like he has signed a pre agreement to join Juve in the summer!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr1g.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

link?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He'll be a loss if true, but Wenger doesn't generally have great difficulties finding quality DMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

It even says Apr1 in the link. C'mon now lads how did ye not cop that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i dont think it is. its says april 1st cause thats the date, but he has been stalling over a new contract for a while.

Because no 'real' news can actually occur on April 1. The world stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Dun laoire wrote: »
    It even says Apr1 in the link. C'mon now lads how did ye not cop that one

Well it is todays date! Flamini is out of contract in the summer and has rejected two deals in the last few months. Just because its apr 1st doesn't make every story fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It had been reported in the last few days that he was on the move, but to Milan.

He really is a great partner to Fabregas, and will be hard to replace for Arsenal.

Very bad news for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Maybe but you have to be on your toes today. ;)

It wouldn't be surprising given how he left Marseilles.

Wenger better buy if he does go, but he probably wouldn't, an example being the summer when Edu and Vieira departed. He's already let Diarra go, so we're halfway there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think Flamini is a huge loss, a loss, but he's certainly not irreplacable. He's a good player who is playing very well, but he's not in the leagues of Fabregas. Diarra will be better than him next season I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Diarra left Arsenal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I know :) I'm just saying that there are better players out there, that I'm sure Wenger will find. Indeed, even at Arsenal, Denilson is pretty special.

iregk wrote: »
    Well whats worse is that Flamini who has been a real gem for them this season looks like he has signed a pre agreement to join Juve in the summer!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr1g.html

Not happening according to AW:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=488247&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Juventus+not+interested+in+Flamini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh so now Arsenal have two transfer Rumour and General discussion threads?

Id be very disappointed if Flamini left. He has forged such a strong partnership with Fabregas. Midfield duos can be tricky and take time to forge.

Advertisement