Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

most awful rock bands

• 01-03-2008 11:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

how about a thread of the worst rock bands

for me the 1st two that spring to mind are
    bon jovi and the band that make bon jovi seem cool , nickleback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wow shooting range material! :D

Almost any spandex/permahair band from Los Angeles, the Alarm, The Cranberries, Hothouse Flowers, and that band who thought they were the next U2 but in fact were not (Dublin mid 80s flopped).

Aslan thats who escaped my memory. Shudders.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The Darkness. How gay were they? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Lordi, but in all fairness they were taking the piss. Nickleback I agree with, they're awful! Emmm, that band that singing "Elvis isn't dead", oh Jayzus I hate them, they're seriously shìt!! A 3 year old could write that! But I wouldn't have them down as Rock personaly but I just taught of 'em.

EDIT: If U2 are considered rock, then them aswell.

mike65 wrote: »
    Wow shooting range material! :D

Almost any spandex/permahair band from Los Angeles, the Alarm, The Cranberries, Hothouse Flowers, and that band who thought they were the next U2 but in fact were not (Dublin mid 80s flopped).

Mike.
    Sorry, double post but.... :p

Oh dear... Sorry, but I couldn't resist! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Raekwon wrote: »
    The Darkness. How gay were they? :D

In fairness the Darkness were just taking the piss they were basically a younger version of Spinal Tap:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Where do I start - pretty much all indie rock bands ie The Fray, The Feeling, Arctic Monkeys etc. U2, if they are defined as rock. Nickleback are tragic. I liked the Darkness, a bit of theatre can be good. They were excellent live too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I know this will piss off some ,,I but two bands that I just don't get or connect with are :

Manic Street Preachers & MUSE

I have friends who are fans , and I have tried to listen to them but never feel it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

POISON, by name and nature!!

Also from that country that rock music forgot DIE TOTEN HOSEN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Aiming for thread with most posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nightwish wrote: »
    Where do I start - pretty much all indie rock bands ie The Fray, The Feeling, Arctic Monkeys etc. U2, if they are defined as rock. Nickleback are tragic. I liked the Darkness, a bit of theatre can be good. They were excellent live too.

Yep. Most recent bands that start with a big THE are usually pretty dire I find. I just block them all out at this point.

Your username is after throwing up a whole other load of bands I can't stand I'm afraid.

Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation...the whole howling female vocalist thing makes me want to tear my ears off. It's horrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

will be shot for this but AC/DC . to me there nothing but a shallow superficial hairy arsed noisy metal band but then again maybe im missing the point

never got there huge popularity at all , i mean theyve sold more records than led zeplin

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Most generic sounding indie bands

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EK9Dublin

irish_bob wrote: »
    will be shot for this but AC/DC . to me there nothing but a shallow superficial hairy arsed noisy metal band but then again maybe im missing the point

never got there huge popularity at all , i mean theyve sold more records than led zeplin

yeah your missing the point, theyve some great songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I gotta agree with all of the "the xxx" bands and all the other bands from the recent indie thing, they all sound pretty much the same to me and they all suck imo

Particularly the fray though, man I'd love 5 minutes alone with the lead singer :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

irish_bob wrote: »

Never liked them at all myself. They've sold more records than Led Zeppelin? I was unaware of that. Must be a statistical error...! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    how about a thread of the worst rock bands

for me the 1st two that spring to mind are
    bon jovi and the band that make bon jovi seem cool , nickleback

Have to admire Nickelback - they've shocked everyone by surpassing the success of their biggest hit 'How You Remind Me' with their new one 'Rockstar'.
    It wasn't even supposed to be released as a single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,893 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Absolute sh*te:
    Nickleback
    U2
    Nightwish
    Evanescence
    Enter Shikari
    Aslan

Horribly overrated:
    Led Zepplin
    Doors
    Pink Floyd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

EK9Dublin wrote: »
    yeah your missing the point, theyve some great songs

if i said the bee gees have had some great songs , what would you say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

o1s1n wrote: »
    Never liked them at all myself. They've sold more records than Led Zeppelin? I was unaware of that. Must be a statistical error...! :eek:

there album back in black from 1980 is the 2nd biggest selling album of all time after thriller
    40 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Snow Patrol

Good lord, if i never hear Chasing Cars again it'll be too soon. Not liking the current trend which Snow Patrol exemplify of being a bit "sad and emotional". It's cringeworthy teenage poetry set to coma-inducing music. It's not good, not good at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Green Day and The Offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

manOwar... Beyond my comprehension.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think there's no point in mentioning the "the" bands as I dont see anyone here defending them...

I agree about Ac/Dc. Theres nothing too them.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Absolute sh*te:
    Nickleback Double-DoubleTrue
    U2 Double-Double True
    Nightwish True
    Evanescence True
    Enter Shikari True
    Aslan Meh

Horribly overrated:
    Led Zepplin False!!! Fùcking FALSE!
    Doors How about no!
    Pink Floyd True...
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paramore...SHUDDERS...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I quite like Nightwish. Though I only have one of their albums, some of the instrumental work is amazing. Not the biggest fan of the singer(the old one, havent really listened to the new one) but there's more to music than vocals .

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Manic Street Preachers. Pretentious arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Overrated:

Portishead
    RADIOHEAD
    Thin Lizzy
    Spirit
    Eric Clapton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spirit? Is that the Randy California band or another one?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

And Thin Lizzy? wtf?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement