Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

most awful rock bands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

buck65 wrote: »
    Metallica
    corporate whores

Boo!! :mad: They still put on a hell of a live show, though. Corporate whores, my a**e. The whole point of the music business(or ANY business)for that matter, is to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY as possible.

Good luck to em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Boo!! :mad: They still put on a hell of a live show, though. Corporate whores, my a**e. The whole point of the music business(or ANY business)for that matter, is to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY as possible.

Good luck to em.
    Yes, but music is an art. Art does not equal business. If Metallica's main aim is to make money, then they are no longer artists and can be described as corporate whores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

. The Killers, your man Brandon Flowers is an idiot..

Brandon Flowers came out and said that in 10 years r so the killers first album will be regarded as better than the beatles white album!! how much of an idiot is he?! doesnt he realise that the beatles wer bigger than jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Iron Maiden, I just HATE them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

My chemical romance-grrrrrrrr
    Fall out boy-double grrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

So how will people regard the most recent album? Every time I head it on the radio I wonder how that crap can be played, the songs are just that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Iron Maiden, I just HATE them.

I can sorta relate to that. They're so horribly over-rated, its unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yes, but music is an art. Art does not equal business. If Metallica's main aim is to make money, then they are no longer artists and can be described as corporate whores

Yes, music IS an art. But unfortunately, like, for instance, football, it has become a business too.

I remember watching the Some Kind Of Monster DVD(crap film I know), and they were having a discussion about contracts when Robert Trujillo joined the band. You could see that they were driven mad about all the business bulls**t, but, like it or not, money is why most bands are in the business, and anyone that tells you anything different is just talking s***e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

irish_bob wrote: »
    discussing music on boards is a tricky business , unless your into bands who never became successfull ( at least financially ) your considered lame

each to there own , i still think led zeplin are brilliant and i still think there in a whole other league to motley crue , ac/dc or the eighties hair bands

well, aint you full of crap:rolleyes:
    fact of the matter is generic music, which is what most music mentioned in this thread is in my very arrogant opinion and many others crap! its to appeal to a general audience, and cannot be sexist etc. and generic music=POP music.
    peoples music tastes are all opinions and are all valid. NO need to cry sacrelidge if sombody who likes motley crue, also likes led zeppelin,
    motley incidentally cite led zeppelin as a influence:rolleyes:

i hate people who are led zep "fans"(only own mothership) and cant even spell the bands ****ing name right(
    irish_bob wrote: »
    led zeplin
    ):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Us Zep fans tend to shorten Zeppelin to Zeplin. Its cos we say it so much, type it so much, tattoo it so much, and also Zeplin is more pleasing to the ear than Zeppelin for some reason. Its kinda hard to believe that a Zep fan cant spell Zeplin. I mean Zeppelin.
    So I reckon there is no need for the rolleyes. I reckon that the rolleyes should be banned. Its always the one thing guaranteed to indicate a total thread failure. Either that or mentioning the Holocaust, Hitler, U2, Bono, 360 vs. PS3, sex near Marksie, Christiano Ronaldo, or killing all the unemployed people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

I'm finding it hard trying to ignore the fact that 2 people mentioned Thin Lizzy on the thread... as someone rightly pointed out... WTF???
    Glad Ugly Kid Joe got a mention and Offspring... Don't think these have been mentioned so far though:

The Quireboys!!!!!!:D

Us Zep fans tend to shorten Zeppelin to Zeplin. Its cos we say it so much, type it so much, tattoo it so much, and also Zeplin is more pleasing to the ear than Zeppelin for some reason. Its kinda hard to believe that a Zep fan cant spell Zeplin. I mean Zeppelin.
    So I reckon there is no need for the rolleyes. I reckon that the rolleyes should be banned. Its always the one thing guaranteed to indicate a total thread failure. Either that or mentioning the Holocaust, Hitler, U2, Bono, 360 vs. PS3, sex near Marksie, Christiano Ronaldo, or killing all the unemployed people.

never heard that before:confused: id just use zep, or led zep, although i know led leppelin fans who are really anal about people spelling it wrong:confused:

bono and u2 have been mentoned all ready...suppose this is why its going haywire.

cant believe the amount of people who think led zeppelin are the height of musical taste:confused:
    they are good but................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I nominate JJ bloody 72! I hated them with a passion! And Travis, Stereophonics, Oasis and 80's hair metal ****e are all shocking bad. Silverchair, a whinny wanna be Nirvana sham **** feck angry:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Kaiser Chiefs - Their songs are catchy to begin with, but quickly become irritating to the point of nausea.

Same goes for Hard-Fi, The Fray, Maroon 5 etc.

The likes of Puddle of Mudd, Staind, Nickelback and Lost Prophets, I also find pretty awful.

Whoever mentioned Radiohead must have been thinking of the alternate meaning of the word awful. In that case, I agree that Radiohead are awful, in the sense that their brilliance inspires awe. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

And Primus. Who in the hell decided that Primus were worth listening to.
    Actually Primus are a representative of all that skater punk / rock nonsense from which so few bands emerge with any respect.

Uh oh, you touched a nerve there Dr. Primus are one of the most unique bands I've ever heard, they do what they want and got recognition for being themselves. I don't see how Primus are "Skater/Punk Rock", thats just wrong, they actually have their own genre. Listen to The Brown Album and tell me if thats Skater Punk. Your talking bollocko...

Anyway I think U2, Lost Prophets, My Chemical Romance and all the Emo bands, Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis etc. are rightfully on this list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

So many music snobs. This thread sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Davei141 wrote: »
    So many music snobs. This thread sucks.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

kona wrote: »
    well, aint you full of crap:rolleyes:
    fact of the matter is generic music, which is what most music mentioned in this thread is in my very arrogant opinion and many others crap! its to appeal to a general audience, and cannot be sexist etc. and generic music=POP music.
    peoples music tastes are all opinions and are all valid. NO need to cry sacrelidge if sombody who likes motley crue, also likes led zeppelin,
    motley incidentally cite led zeppelin as a influence:rolleyes:

i hate people who are led zep "fans"(only own mothership) and cant even spell the bands ****ing name right():rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::p

okay i get it , i get it , your a (rhymes with) BANKER

interpol=muck

that is all!

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    okay i get it , i get it , your a (rhymes with) BANKER

Bet you own a 4x4, if you dont you sure have the attitude of a owner.

feck off to metal ireland and complain about boards, why cant you accept opinions???.

and your a wanker, ye balls-less feck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

i am going to have to say:
    fall out boy
    panic! at the disco

useless emo gobsh!tes

Both amazing bands, nothing wrong with some cheerful pop music buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nailz wrote: »
    Lordi, but in all fairness they were taking the piss.

The piss out of what? They have three albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I nominate this thread for the most pointless piece of garbage on boards.

May as well have called it "who has the best opinion?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

AC/DC
    The White Stripes
    Most (but not all) Indie Rock
    The Darkness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Us Zep fans tend to shorten Zeppelin to Zeplin.

Didn't you just shorten Zeppelin to Zep there? Methinks someone is trying to cover their tracks... ;)

The only people I ever hear saying Zeplin are those who think that's how the name is pronounced and spelled.

But anyway yeah, +1 to worst thread ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

terrorvision:eek:

Mr.S wrote: »
    Led Zepplin
    AC/DC

euchh.

i competely disagree with you here, but someone disagreed with me when i mentioned fall out boy and panic so i am beginning to beieve that this thread really is redundant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The Star newspaper described westlife as rockers today....................:confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

lord lucan wrote: »
    terrorvision:eek:

Nice!!!! :D

• Advertisement

this thread is great and bad at the same time:D

LOL at the people offended that music they like is on peoples lists.
    its opinions get over it!!!

great to see the different tastes, pleasantly suprised about U2(i thought i was on my own on that)

amazing that people think ACDC and Led zeppelin are untouchable, and blasphmous to say they are ****:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement