Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script

Options
  • 01-03-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Have to say what a good job the new owner has made of Script. Gone are the Wayne Rooney haircuts and tracksuits thank god. There seems to be a buzz about the place and the staff are very friendly. Havn't tried the food but wife assures me it's hearty and wholesome and good value. There is a nice selection of wine by the glass for those of us who are happy to spend an extra €2 to get a glass of wine instead of a screwcap of catspiss. The owner seems very hands on and involved and I will be happy to give his business the turn. I hope that this venture is a successful one and continues to give us an option over some other unpleasant folk we would rather not give our money to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

1) I don't think it's called Script anymore.

2) Any idea if it would be suitable for a family meal (w/ older kids, not toddlers)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

No it's called Woodland Lodge now. Yes I think it would be ideal to have family dinner in the pub area, Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

People are always going to think of it as Script, especially until it's name gets around.

Was there on Valentines night, lovely food although I'd like more selection as I'm a bit of a picky eater & not that into meat but no complaints. The staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Well, IMHO Valentines, Mothers, Fathers,New Years Days are the worst days to go out for a meal. So if you were looked after well; that is a good reflection on the place. Had drinks again there yesterday. Very relaxed and nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tonyd123

Hi, Anthony from Woodlands Lodge, thanks for your support and hope you all continue todo so. We are always changing our menus and looking for suggestions so please feel free to let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Howdy all. Just a quick question, being one of the many people in greystones that are over 18 but under 21. Is it true that a section of woodlands lodge will become just for people 18,19,20 & 21? Just heard a few people mention it and and wondering if theres any truth in what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it was my understanding that you can't legally operate an over 21s, over 23s etc policy as it is age discrimination. When the equality legislation came in a few years ago a lot of pubs that had previously been over 21s (including IIRC The Beach House) took down their signs, but I've been seeing the signs again recently. maybe the law has changed or been clarified?

Advertisement