Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rodeo bar and restaurant, Quay Street?

Options
  • 01-03-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Anyone been to the new rodeo place in the city, think its on quay street. HAve seen a few ads and am thinking about going tonight.
    Anyone been?
    Whats it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Do they have a mechanical bull? I'm totally checking it out if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

Hey tristanc,
    Didn't get a chance to go ended up going to charcoal grill instead cos we were pushed for time. Let me know if you find where it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

It's where 'Cafe du journal' used to be.
    I've been there twice and it's pretty good. Be prepared to wear your extra stretchy trousers because you'll need them, felt like i'd eaten a whole cow after leaving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Oh, new resturant on Quay Street? Rodeo? Sounds like a steak house... do tell me more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Oh, new resturant on Quay Street? Rodeo? Sounds like a steak house... do tell me more

Well yeah - it's a new restaurant on Quay St. It's called Rodeo and erm..........it's a steak-house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Hmm. I'm not getting the mechanical bull vibe at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

STAY AWAY!!!

Sorry about the caps but my god it's bad. My sisters and I were in full blown american burger craving mode and spotted this place, it seemed pricey enough for them to be decent burgers... they weren't.
    They had beef, I had chicken fillet and they were both gross. Yummy chips in fairness I guess but if you want american style I strongly suggest you spent your money in Eddie Rockets or something instead... sorry for the rant but it was really terrible! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

had the all day breakfast. i thought it was very good.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I went there soon after Christmas, the place was a bit empty and the waiting times were long. The food, however was delicious. I still prefer Mustard though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

does no one bemoan the fact that cafe du journal is gone....i learnt to drink and like coffee there.....great little place! before i saw their list of coffees....macchiato, latte, mocha etc etc, i though coffee was the thing that used to come in a jar....anyone know whatever happened to the guy who used to own it, i think he was from dublin, name like chris, he also opened a short-lived venture called dutch billys where goyas is now in kirwans lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

my self and the missus went there tonight. was very nice. i had beef burger she had chicken burger. (defo better than eddie rockets). death by chocolate was far nicer than the cheese cake though, herself was right again.

we will defo go back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

So is it basically like Scottys but in town?
    Personally I won't eat in Eddie Rockets think its real rubbish food, all so processed it tastes nothing like it should.

Scottys is extremely pricey and somewhat overrated. For an American Scotty makes sh*te burgers!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I miss Café du Journal as well. However it was gone in all but name for a few years. Once they got rid of all the books and painted the walls it was done for me.

Had my first date with my future husband there perched on a wobbly stool as he threw a load of CDs at me to borrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i had my best and second best ever fry in cafe du journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

I used to go to Cafe du Journal quite a lot. I found that the service got progressively worse as time went on. They kept getting the orders wrong. The last time i went, they got the order wrong 2 times and when it came back the 3rd time, the person i was with porridge was cold and my toast was freezing. Never set foot in the place again after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

i always felt the haphazard service, particularly before the last refurb, was part of the charm. the place oozed character, although i remem the owner wasnt fond of people taking down books to read. but the little benches covered in tatty cushions and waiters who could barely understand english all made the place special. lol there is a time and a place for good service....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yeah I was there a few times -Id recommend it.And there s a picture of John Wayne on the wall which in my opinion should be present in every eaterie.Worldwide

Advertisement