Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My rescued Greyhound needs your vote!

Options
  • 01-03-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Please take a minute to vote for Jake, my rescued greyhound. He came from Paws a few years ago and has been part of our family ever since!

http://www.irishpets.ie/dog_photos

I'm using this competition as a means to encourage others to take on rescues rather than paying breeders. And if Jake wins, we'll donate the voucher to a Greyhound shelter.

Thanks for your support :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Thats a brilliant photo of him BTW. He got my vote! But I think they're all gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

Got my vote!I hope it's Gina you'll be giving the voucher to!Don't suppose I can interest you in Jake's twin sister?Puzzle is a 2yr old cat friendly(everything friendly!)white and blue bitch in desperate need of a family to call her own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Got my vote!I hope it's Gina you'll be giving the voucher to!Don't suppose I can interest you in Jake's twin sister?Puzzle is a 2yr old cat friendly(everything friendly!)white and blue bitch in desperate need of a family to call her own!

Have you a picture of puzzle?

Jake is such a cool looking dog! Just voted for him there...what a picture...what type of camera do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Sorry to say Jake already has a girlfriend, she came factory direct (from her trainer) about a year after he did and we don't have enough sofa to go around!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

Mobile ph cam only and very little credit on it but Puzzle has near enuf identical markings as Jake -look at his pic,imagine 4" shorter and 30lbs lighter and you have Puzz.She's the sweetest girl and if I didn't have 20 greys here and a phone that never stops ringing I'd keep her.Before you ask I'm not a 'rescue' as such,I'm just a gal who can't say no...and overcrowded as I am (and bankrupt from feeding and neutering them!) it's a whole heap better for them than the fate they face if I say no!I'm not talking a final trip to the vet here.Most of the dogs I get are looking at a future that involves being tied to the back of a caravan if you get my drift?And they're tatooed greys,tho I do have lurchers too,and terriers and Rotts ...

• Advertisement

Mobile ph cam only and very little credit on it but Puzzle has near enuf identical markings as Jake -look at his pic,imagine 4" shorter and 30lbs lighter and you have Puzz.She's the sweetest girl and if I didn't have 20 greys here and a phone that never stops ringing I'd keep her.Before you ask I'm not a 'rescue' as such,I'm just a gal who can't say no...and overcrowded as I am (and bankrupt from feeding and neutering them!) it's a whole heap better for them than the fate they face if I say no!I'm not talking a final trip to the vet here.Most of the dogs I get are looking at a future that involves being tied to the back of a caravan if you get my drift?And they're tatooed greys,tho I do have lurchers too,and terriers and Rotts ...

Well I'm interested in taking a greyhound but would need to see a good picture. Do you not have a digital camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Have you a picture of puzzle?

Jake is such a cool looking dog! Just voted for him there...what a picture...what type of camera do you have?

I have a Canon 350d - although you could get this type of shot with most cameras once you can change the shutterspeed to something fast!

Thanks!

I've been voting for Jake every day. Do me up a semi-pro organised emails and I will send it to everyone in the office here.

What is the prizemoney by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I've been voting for Jake every day. Do me up a semi-pro organised emails and I will send it to everyone in the office here.

What is the prizemoney by the way?

Aww that's sweet thanks! Yep, will work on that ..... thanks!

Oh, it's only 35 euro, but every little helps ....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jake got my vote. :)

BTW, I would have voted for him anyway- I like nothing more than seeig a dog being happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement