Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Today

• 01-03-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey what did everyone think of the race today? I thought it was very well organized and the course was very good aswell. But was it just me or did the course seem a bit longer than 5k!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Yes was a well run race and enjoyed it , if i did go mad for the first 1500m .

I'd say its very close to the 5 k , as the internal lap is 2.5 mile , so think it was 5k myself.

will be there next year to better my time again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Excuse my ignorance, but what 5k was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

It was the John Davis 5K in malahide castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Somebody told me it was 320m long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

It was a little long, but running on trails is slower than running on a road.Also there were a lot of twists and turns.The leaders took it real easy and made the race into a 100mt sprint in the end!
    It was a lovely race and nice change from cc or roads..As it was for charity everybody enjoyed it and took it steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

Great Day and great race - even if I did feel like I was running with lead legs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

was it definitely long? I'd be thrilled if it were 'cos it would mean I got a nice time for myself!!! Lovely course, well organised...just wish I didn't go off too hard!!!!

Advertisement