Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef sausages

• 01-03-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy good quality beef sausages? Back in the day there used to be a Jewish butcher called Erlich's on Clanbrassil Street who did some great sausages but they are long gone. Any where else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I've seen them pop up in Fresh on Grand Canal Dock on occasion, I'm sure the others would do them. As for quality.... I've never bought them to find out. They've also had boar and venison, again no idea about quality. I did try the steak burgers, bastards put onions in them and they tasted like ordinary burgers tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Haven't a clue if either shops do but try Superquinn seem to have all your "not to usual meats" and there's a butchers on Camden St across from Whelans which might do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mantel wrote: »
    I've seen them pop up in Fresh
    +1 for Fresh.

The Fresh next to me (Malahide Road, across from Tesco Clare Hall) did have them "on occasion", but they have them all the time now, since I kept buying them out of them :D

They are delicious.

Also, they do a version with black pepper in them, which I buy whenever I see them in stock, they are lovely too.

So, get thee to Fresh for the Beef Sausages.

Fresh also do these rolls called Rustic Rolls, three Beef Sausages cut up into two of these is quite nice for breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Thanks all. I'll try Fresh tomorrow. I walk past the one on Camden Street at least twice daily so I hope they have them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

camden halal on camden street sell lovely beef sausages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll pop in to them some time tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chipclub

Why are beef sausages not more common here? In Northern Ireland you will get beef sausages from any butcher. Some places will call them steak sausages. You will also find chicken sausages, vegetable sausages, spicy sausages and all sorts of combinations such as steak and vegetable, chicken and leek, beef and onion depending upon the butcher's own recepies. Oh, and you'll get pork ones too in case you are wondering.

Every time I go home to Belfast I bring a heap of sausages back to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

The organic butcher on Meeting House Square on a Saturday sells them (or at least they used to, as I bought some a few years back).

Advertisement