Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A: Juve wracked by triple suspensions

• 01-03-2008 2:28pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

MILAN, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Third-placed Juventus will be without Pavel Nedved, Cristiano Zanetti and Giorgio Chiellini for this weekend's standout Serie A match at home to fourth-placed Fiorentina.

Claudio Ranieri's side are four points above the Florence club but four behind second-placed AS Roma after a frustrating February, and they start March without three important players. Czech winger Pavel Nedved was sent off in stoppage time of Tuesday's 0-0 draw with rivals Torino after he pulled Gianluca Comotto's hair in an altercation.

Italy defender Chiellini also misses Sunday's game (1400 GMT) after a yellow in the Turin derby while midfield general Zanetti is serving the second game of a suspension for his red in the 2-1 defeat at Reggina last weekend.

On the upside for Juve, striker David Trezeguet should return from missing two games with flu.

'I'm better. I hope to be available for Sunday,' he told the club's website.

Fiorentina, who climbed back above AC Milan into fourth with Wednesday's 1-0 win over Livorno, will again be without top striker Adrian Mutu because of a knee injury. Milan were without several regulars for Wednesday's 1-1 draw at Catania and with the Champions League last 16 second leg against Arsenal looming next Tuesday, they may not want to risk the likes of Kaka in Saturday's home match (1930) against Lazio.

The world player of the year has a knee complaint he is hoping to shrug off for Tuesday, but at least the European champions have fellow Brazilian Alexandre Pato, who scored his fifth goal at Catania since arriving in January.

Inter Milan, who drew 1-1 with Roma on Wednesday to maintain their nine-point lead, will also have an eye on the Champions League although they do not play their second leg with Liverpool until March 11. Main strike partnership Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Julio Cruz missed the Roma draw through injury and may also be struggling for the trip to Napoli in Sunday's late game (1930). Roma were angry at the referee's decision to dismiss Philippe Mexes for a second yellow minutes before Javier Zanetti grabbed Inter's 88th-minute equaliser on Wednesday.

Coach Luciano Spalletti accused Inter striker Hernan Crespo of making too much of the Frenchman's tackle and felt the red card contributed to Inter keeping up their unbeaten league record this term as they close in on retaining their title.

Barring a successful appeal, Mexes will miss Roma's home game with Parma on Saturday (1700).
    Saturday, March 1, 2008
    TIME Home Away VENUE
    17:00 UK Roma v Parma Stadio Olimpico
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Lazio Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    Sunday, March 2, 2008
    TIME Home Away VENUE
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Genoa Stadio Sant'Elia
    14:00 UK Juventus v Fiorentina Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    14:00 UK Empoli v Siena Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Reggina v Palermo Stadio Oreste Granillo
    14:00 UK Udinese v Atalanta Stadio Friuli
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Torino Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Livorno v Catania Calcio Armando Picchi
    19:30 UK Napoli v Inter Milan Stadio San Paolo

A tought enough away game for Inter. I think its important they win this to get some form back in time for the Liverpool game.

Stand out game is Juve and Fiorentina. I reckon Fiorentina will win this by the odd goal.

Milan boosted by the signing of Kaka should win.

Roma should win against a weak enough Parma team

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Czech winger Pavel Nedved was sent off in stoppage time of Tuesday's 0-0 draw with rivals Torino after he pulled Gianluca Comotto's hair in an altercation.

That is possibly the girliest thing I've ever heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

C Zanetti not suspended for Juventus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kearnsr wrote: »

Stand out game is Juve and Fiorentina. I reckon Fiorentina will win this by the odd goal.

Again this week he foretells it. kearnsr, I hope you are making some money from this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kearnsr wrote: »
    Milan boosted by the signing of Kaka should win.

Just home from this game, poor first half but picked up after the break.

Once Milan drew level neither side seemed interested in getting a winner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter lose for the first time this season. Dont know whats going on there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Again this week he foretells it. kearnsr, I hope you are making some money from this :D

I wish! Dont think I've ever bet on a football match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Anyoe got a clip of Cassano's latest hissy fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

great result for napoli, i'm delighted. After the sick banners that were on display when the teams played at the san siro this result is all the sweeter, though it must be remembered that Inter are in the middle of a major injury crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Anyoe got a clip of Cassano's latest hissy fit?

its up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HPkPuhgf4

Advertisement