Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 - San Diego

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Seaworld are good hirers, especially if you are over 21. Tough hours though.

If you or someone you know is a lifeguard, you're set. They need lifeguards in La Jolla.

Security work is a good bet too. Can't remember the name of the company but ask the guys at Irish Outreach in Old Town and they'll probably know. It's event security more than "lone watch at night" security. I know a girl who was lucky enough to work Comic Con. (Bear in mind you'll have to pay to pass a course if you want this work. Can't remember cost but iirc it's ~50-90 dollars.

Check out the USS Midway museum too.

Only problem with these is that you can't get hired until you're there in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

eniko wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! Do you think they would send me an offer to get the visa?

did you work there? Actually i did send them an e-mail before, but no answer. Do you have any contact by the chance?
    Are you sure you're not confusing the J1 visa with the H visa?

You arrange the J1 visa yourself and do not need an offer of work before you go over.

For other, longer, visas you need a sponsor to vouch for you or a job offer.

Advertisement