Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EDGE speeds with O2 in Ireland

• 01-03-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Those of you using iPhones already in Ireland, have you been able to get EDGE speeds, and if so, how do they perform?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

I have an O2 Broadband modem and where they don't have HSDPA coverage it falls back to EDGE. I often get speeds of up to 200kbps. The experience isn't bad at all. I believe the whole of the O2 network is EDGE enabled, so nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is not quite nationwide yet but they are getting there. I often get 250kbps from EDGE which is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

Thanks for the info,

Sounds like it is definetely good enough for browsing anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Can I hijack this thread to ask is edge turned on by default. If I switch my iphone to 02 will it automatically have access to egde?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Pataman wrote: »
    Can I hijack this thread to ask is edge turned on by default. If I switch my iphone to 02 will it automatically have access to egde?

I have a similar question, I have just ordered an 02 prepay (speakeasy) sim card, is EDGE activated on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Yes, edge is 2.75G and is not provisioned. If you can access GPRS and your phone is EDGE capable then you will automatically have it.

Advertisement