Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for a non law graduate

• 01-03-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I know this has probably been asked a million times but I am looking for some advice from anyone that went down the FE1 route without a law degree.

I am a Business graduate with an MBS in Marketing. I have been working in the Marketing field for the past 4 years.

After a lot of thinking and research I want to change my career and move into law. I am aiming to take either the Griffith or Independent College course in June and sit 4 exams in Oct.

Can anyone that was in the same situation as me recommend either course? Also what exams did you start with and why? My thinking so far is Criminal, Equity, Property & Contract basicially because I find Criminal really interesting and I heard the others were some of the easier ones to pass.

With no background in law I just want to make sure I get my 3 anyway the first time around.

Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭elgransenor

:cool:Babs,
    I did a B.commerce in 1983(no that is not a typo). I did not study or sit an exam from then until Sept.07 when I sat the FE1s and passed them(8).
    I was in retailing for 17 years,then building;in fact I went from driving a teleporter(type of forklift for building sites) in Longford to the RDS to sit FE1s.
    I did the course in Griffith;found it very good but a lot of lecturers are now gone to Indep. so it is probably a tight call now.
    If you want to do it ,you will.But you must want to. If you do they are not nearly as hard as people make out.
    Good luck.
    If you want to buy a cheap apt. with 95% tax relief let me know!

Advertisement