Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Lessons

Options
  • 01-03-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

This should prob be in the Music section but anyway can anyone recommend somebody good around blanch for Drum Lessons please.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seeing as we're all multi-cultural now you might want to be a bit more specific. I presume you mean drums as in those used in rock bands, as opposed to African tribal drums, for instance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Monster Music in Coolmine Industrial Estate might know someone who gives drum lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'd also be interested! I'm gonna check out Monster Music. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

http://www.drumshed.eu , not sure where though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's a guy does lessons in the old house beside Ashtown train Station (where the equestrian centre is). I'll try to dig out his number for you & pm it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Yeah, his name is Steve Browne, he's pretty good.

I used to use Monster Music for the rehearsal space but stopped after one of their employees rang me and accused us of damaging a chair and microphone stand. He had a really aggressive tone and was dismissive. When my band practised, we didn't use any of the microphone stands because we didn't have our singer with us and the lads were sitting on the chairs and if one of them broke, I'm pretty sure they would've fell or something. My theory is another band broke the equipment and swapped it with our room's equipment so we were to blame. I was told to find a new place to rehearse. I don't think they'd recognise me but the way the guy on the phone talked to me was beyond rude and I really don't want to give them anymore business which is a pity because they're a decent shop which Blanchardstown desperately needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

that's mad - rehearsal spaces can be sooo up their arses about stuff sometimes - i used to work in the Factory studios myself, and since it closed I've been appalled by the standards of almost, nay, every rehearsal studio I've ever seen since then.

<snip>

aaannnyheeewwww, eire1 I gave you a PM about the lessons!!

professorpete, you're new here and I don't think you're doing anything other than trying to be helpful, so I'm just going to give you a friendly bit of advice. Advertising on Boards isn't permitted, but if you wish to offer people rehearsal slots you can use www.adverts.ie. However, in the meantime I'm afraid I'll have to remove that bit of your post. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Zaph wrote: »
    professorpete, you're new here and I don't think you're doing anything other than trying to be helpful, so I'm just going to give you a friendly bit of advice. Advertising on Boards isn't permitted, but if you wish to offer people rehearsal slots you can use www.adverts.ie. However, in the meantime I'm afraid I'll have to remove that bit of your post. Sorry.

Wow first time being censored on Boards.. ever in fact!! cool cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

that's mad - rehearsal spaces can be sooo up their arses about stuff sometimes - i used to work in the Factory studios myself, and since it closed I've been appalled by the standards of almost, nay, every rehearsal studio I've ever seen since then.

<snip>

aaannnyheeewwww, eire1 I gave you a PM about the lessons!!

Cheers. Monster Music don't do lessons on a Sat so I'll give this guy a call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

can somebody pm me the number of the guy in ashtown please. I want to take lessons too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Pal wrote: »
    can somebody pm me the number of the guy in ashtown please. I want to take lessons too.

Sorry mate, couldn't find that number anywhere, I must have dumped it off my phone. Maybe someone else here might have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Ok Thanks
    anybody else got it please ?

Ok Thanks
    anybody else got it please ?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 learndrums

the guy your lookin for is steve browne in ashtown rec studios brownestev@gmail.com

You don't need two posts to advertise your services Steve.

Steve, normally we don't allow advertising, but as people had requested details I let your first post stand. Post that once more however, and I'll delete all your posts and have you sitebanned as a spammer.

Advertisement