Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving email on UTV "sub" email addresses

Options
  • 01-03-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I emailed UTV support about this, but I just realised they're not open today. I'm hoping someone here can help...

My main email address, blah@utvinternet.com works fine, but most of my mail comes in on addresses like face@blah.utvinternet.com and place@blah.utvinternet.com, and these haven't been receiving email for about 10 days.

I know in the past, I was instructed to fix this by simply emailing myself with a particular subject line, but it hasn't happened in years and I've forgotten how.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

For anyone else who's having trouble with these catchall accounts, I've just been informed by UTV that they've had to cancel the catchall addresses because of spam issues :(
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Balfa wrote: »
    For anyone else who's having trouble with these catchall accounts, I've just been informed by UTV that they've had to cancel the catchall addresses because of spam issues :(
    :confused:

I'm not surprised. Catchall accounts are a magnet for spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

How's that?

Advertisement