Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Results Day

Options
  • 01-03-2008 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know what date the Results are out for the LC? I know it's always a Wednesday in August, so I'm thinking it's either the 13th of August or the 20th. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

It was the 15th last year, so 13th. The LC is 2 days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's the 13th this year with Round 1 offers the following Monday I think

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Talking about this already?! I feel I got my previous results yesterday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

It's the thirteenth, 'tis my birfday...it'll be memorable to say the least. Can't wait for the night out tho, it'll be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

melboix wrote: »
    It's the thirteenth, 'tis my birfday...it'll be memorable to say the least. Can't wait for the night out tho, it'll be unreal.
    Hopefully it will be a double celebration

I can relate a little bit, my 18 was a couple weeks ago weeks ago right in the middle of my pre's... I made up for it over the midterm of course

• Advertisement

Niiice :D There were a few 18th's during our mocks, and I know one or two who are gonna be turing the big 1-8 during the LC itself which I can't imagine will be much fun...Imma be 19, so really it's a scary birthday where I get results and become officially 'old' in teen senses XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

It's weird to hear everyone saying they'll be celebrating their 18th most in my school will be only turned 17 doing the leaving and some 16

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'll be 19 about 2-3 weeks after! I feel it's the perfect age to be getting ready for college...and if I get the course I want, I will be doing my co-op in America(hopefully) where I will turn 21 on Independance Day! Imagine that for celebrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Im gona be 16 doing my LC, and even worse, i'll be 16 getting my results....... and i'v a sneaky suspicion my parents wont let me out. Its probably a bit of an anti climax anyway???? I'm not much of a party animal!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

results night is one of the most surreal nights to go out drinking. At one table you will see people cheering and singing and spilling all over themselves :D and then in the other you could see 2 or 3 on the verge of tears :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm going to be too young to go out :(

Looks like thatone! and I will be stuck at home, discussing the college courses with parents........ exciting!! lol

It's so annoying everyone will be going out but i'll be at home :(

Ah quit your moaning. how old are you? And where do you live? I know in ennis the bouncers turned a blind eye to anyone in their school jumper on results night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Overheal wrote: »
    results night is one of the most surreal nights to go out drinking. At one table you will see people cheering and singing and spilling all over themselves :D and then in the other you could see 2 or 3 on the verge of tears :rolleyes:
    Thats really quiet a depressing thought.

Remember driving through town last year and seen a girl from my school crying walking up the street...

Oh and for the guys who say they wont be allowed out... Come on like live a little its your results night, there always ways of getting into places.

well there's going to be no chance of me being allowed out so probably just go to a gaff party

16 receiving results? Wooow. I can't imagine that. I'm with Mars Bar in thinking 19 is a good age :D 18's good too. It's the idea of being underage and potentially moving away that puts me off a bit. I mean, I'm considering going to Scotland next year (depending on points as well as my own decision etc. etc.), but I don't think I would've been able for it last year. Ah well...I hope you lot get to go out for a biteen though, it'll be mental! I'm sure people in your year would be happy to help find yiz ID and the like!

Heh, first time I'll ever be school in my birthday XD I just hope everyone's happy with what they get...for the most part anyway, obvs not everyone will be :( Gotta get the bleedin' thing over with first though...

Theres a hundred and one methods for getting in underage especially during a special occassion. If you cant figure it out, then you deserve to be sober, and keep whatever brain cells you have left :)

Yep...... i think the concept of moving away at 16 is a bit daunting alright, but hopefully i'll get TCD so i could commute handy enough like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Overheal wrote: »

I happen to know the bouncers in Brandons let evryone in any weekend, within reason of course (whatever that is)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

I'll be two months from 21...beat that! Plus I don't know anyone else doing the leaving this year. Probably best not to go out, it'll be me in tears and my friends feeling awkward (who all got their first choices the last two years) :p

Chunkey Monkey just makes me feel like a baby again........ God, you gona be almost a full 5 yrs older than i will be!! Thats amazing!! Is this your 2nd time doing LC?? Or 3rd???

And you make me feel old! Third time :(

And you make me feel old! Third time :(

HA! I KNEW IT HAPPENED! EAT THAT whoever was arguing with me... in that other thread.... kickass...

Huh??

Chunky Monkey, Are you repeating in a grinds school, or are you sitting in classes alongside "average" age students??? Coz that might be weird

Advertisement