Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees on startup

Options
  • 01-03-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Evening,

As I have decided after 4 years to finally start a business I wish to have a little info on the costs of..

*Registering a business name? Whom do I go to? Can I do the paper work myself instead of going to a third party to set everything up?

*Is there a special setup fee with the revenue?

*Copyrighting a business name?

*Is there a cooling off period before I am aloud to trade? 21 days after
    registration or somthing to that nature?

*Hidden costs snags?

I'm sure I will find out from the revenue next week but I wish to ask a little in advance so I can sound like I know what I am talking about before a revenue employee tries to fish me.

Regards

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

mondeo wrote: »
    *Registering a business name? Whom do I go to? Can I do the paper work myself instead of going to a third party to set everything up?

www.cro.ie

If its a business name it'll cost you 20EUR I think ... and you just fill in the forms available from the CRO site.

If you want a Private Limited company thats a different kettle of fish.

Copyrighting your business name I'm not entirely sure about.

You could apply for a trademark but you'd have to have a non generic trading name. It would grant you some rights in ireland.

Trading under a business names don't really give you that much security as anyone can register a business name and you'll find a lot of names are quite similar. Getting yourself a private limited company would be the way to go I believe in that case.

Edit: just gave some info on Trademarking on this thread .. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055238798

Advertisement