Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 106

Options
  • 01-03-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Could get my hands on a very very cheap 106, with low mileage etc, but i'm just wondering, there's an awful noise off the exhaust. Now the women says it was there since she got it, which i believe because she was genuine. I'm just wondering if any1 knows if this a common place thing for a Peugeot 106 (1994)..

Thanks
    LM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What kind of noise? Does it sound the exhaust is screwed - like a boy racer's car?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It sounds like there's a hole in the exhaust. I was in a suit so i didn't feel like going underground to check it out... Either the women was fobbed off ten years ago, or it's a genuine noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I have a 01 106 and have had trouble with the exhaust twice in less than a year....involved replacing first the backbox (solved noise problem) then replacing the pipe between engine and backbox (rotted away and fell off one day)....guy in the exhaust centre said that peugeots exhausts are terrible for corrosion. Cheap to replace though.
    Apart from that, great car...I love mine, learned to drive in it and it's a fun thing to have on the road, very nippy, good handler...just a wee bit noisy on mways. Can't really speak about earlier models, but I see a fair few of them about still so must say something for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I don't plan to keep it, hence why i'm wondering if it's something that needs to be done... I don't want to spend much on it...

Thanks for the input Wertz

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The cat went on my 98 106 a few months back. It had previously been poorly replaced. I've noticed recently that it makes a bit noise when idling after a short trip. My mechanic couldn't find anything wrong tho...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The best thing about a 106? At least it's not a saxo...
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭landcruiserfj62

A lot of cars drivin by "little old lady" types, have noisey exhausts. Its simply the car has never had a good hard run. Alot of easy going runs around town causes a build up of acidic liquid in the rear silencer, causing internal damage to what should be silencing the exhaust!

Advertisement