Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about Headford

Options
  • 01-03-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm moving to Galway, to a couple of miles outside Headford, heading towards Lough Corrib. Can anyone tell me anything about my new home, in advance of my actually moving (moving anyhow, just interested to find out what there is to see, do, love, hate, enjoy, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Hey dublin2galway. Got any more specific questions, I'm not the best at the general sort!!

Best thing in the area, especially the claran area is the lake. Always nice to go boating/fishing or even just for a walk along the shore. Ross Abbey is also well worth a visit when you arrive and it's a nice place to show friends and family around when they come to visit. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what else you'd like to know. There's both a gaa and soccer club in the area aswell as a recently reactivated musical society. There's also plenty of pubs if thats more your style. There's 2 chinese restaraunts and an indian restaraunt (yes it's strange in a town this size!).

http://www.headford.org/

As for down sides ... the commute to Galway at rush hour is a serious pain in the arse but nowhere near as bad as Dublin commutes. Recently we've had roadworks left right and centre aswell but thats just a necessary nuisance to upgrade the place.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Advertisement