Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the Policy on deleting a post and reposting it to bump a thread?

Options
  • 01-03-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

As the title says whats the policy on deleting a post and reposting it to bump the thread.

I'm finding this quite annoying (though that could be related to coffee)

I've email notification turned on by default so getting the same message is quite annoying.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah that would be annoying. What thread/forum is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think that would be quite a no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

This thread ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055244630

I was just asking as I'm unclear of the situation

Have pretty much the same email at
    Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM
    Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM

At first I thought I was going crazy :D

edit: I should say I wouldn't mind if it was bumped its just the way it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Perhaps it could be a glitch with boards email notification rather than intentional by a poster?

Sherifu wrote: »
    Perhaps it could be a glitch with boards email notification rather than intentional by a poster?

Could be ...

I'd just wonder why the date of the last post matched current date ... and why its the only thread its happened on as I post on a few threads.

• Advertisement

forbairt wrote: »
    Could be ...

I'd just wonder why the date of the last post matched current date ... and why its the only thread its happened on as I post on a few threads.
    It will need some investigation by higher powers. Annoying if it's being done by a poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Judging by all the deleted posts in the thread, that poster is intentionally deleting and reposting to bump the thread. Imo you should report the post and the mod can look into it. If it was a forum I modded I'd ask the poster not to do that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I just noticed this now. I hadn't been paying proper attention to the timestamps and was putting it down to database problems. I'll have a word with the poster.

I would have reported to the mods but I wasn't sure what the situation was. (not to mention wondering if I was going crazy) :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I just noticed this now. I hadn't been paying proper attention to the timestamps and was putting it down to database problems. I'll have a word with the poster.
    Never ascribe to database problems that which can be adequately explained by jerks :)

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote: »
    Never ascribe to database problems that which can be adequately explained by jerks :)
    Don't tell kazobel that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

CuLT wrote: »
    Will do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

forbairt wrote: »
    I would have reported to the mods but I wasn't sure what the situation was.

If in doubt, report it. It does no harm and doesn't effect the poster if you're wrong, but it does draw the mods attention, which is the desired result.

Advertisement