Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security tag setting off alarm

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie797

Once again, another case were some dumbass didnt return to the store UPON LEAVING, when the alarm would DEFINETLY HAVE BEEN TRIGGERD!!

actually thats not strictly true. sometimes the tags that have not been deactivated at the till dont trigger the alarm when they are leaving, but DO trigger it in the next shop they go into... or if they come back into original shop. I work in retail and have seen this happen, I didnt believe it myself when the customer said it to me, then I walked with the customer out of the store with the item(alarm didnt activate, walked into a second retailer, (it did) walked back into my shop and it did again!!. When I enquired about this I was told it is soomething to do with frequencies that this security equipment is set with. This can also cause tags that HAVE been deactivated, reactivating through a different set of barriers set at a different frequency .....though that is rare!

Advertisement