Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading RAM on Tesco Iqon

Options
  • 01-03-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭

I want to upgrade the RAM on my parents home PC from 512mb. I did the crucial.com scan and it says that it is DDR PC2-5200.

What it doesn't say is the total memory that the machine can handle.

Also I had a look on shop4memory.ie dor the specified RAM type but they don't have it, only PC2 -4300 then a jump to PC2-5300.

Can anyone tell me what would be compatable?

Cheers.

System Manufacturer: iQon.ie
    System Model: MS-7173
    Motherboard Manufacturer: MSI
    Motherboard Model: MS-7173

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did you ask google? I just did and got all the information I wanted, but I'm not gonna share :p

Just joking of course, here is the MSI web page for that motherboard, or so it seems, is it a Micro-ATX board, yea? You'll be wanting PC-5300 RAM, I'd guess that was a typo on the Crucial site (a grim one at that - there's no such thing as PC5200 DDRII RAM). The most you can have according to the MSI site is 2GB, so I'd recommend you click here and do the needful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers Kharn. Gonna order it now.

Advertisement