Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Races

• 01-03-2008 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Having just started to train for the Dublin marathon in October I'm quickly realising that motivation is going to be a big problem. The call of the pub on Friday night is just too strong.

Can anybody recommend some short races in the Dublin area (maybe 5 or 10k) over the next few months? I'm looking for events that would be friendly towards novices - nothing too hardcore.

My hope is that a few smaller milestones along the way might keep me focussed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 diagram

I only know of two races that might fit the bill.

The first is the St. Patricks day 5k road race. I think this starts from Dawson street.

The other is the Docklands Fun Run which is an 8k race.
    http://www.docklands.ie/funrun

The docklands race seems friendly enough so you won't need to worry about it being a bit hardcore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Have a look at the race calendar on RunIreland
    You may find something of interest.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Metar

Try looking up www.bhaa.ie They are the business houses athletics association and run a whole series of regular events in Dublin. Don't let the name put you off, I'm nearly certain that anybody can join and run the races. Also, don't think that it will be too competitive, all standards and ages are catered.

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

The Adidas Series would be ideal for you as it's designed for those running the marathon in October. It's a 5 mile in July, a 10 mile in August and a half marathon in September. All the runs take place in the Phoenix Park. Registration isn't open yet but you'll find all the details on www.adidasdublinmarathon.ie/race_series.php.

Advertisement