Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing rock band

Options
  • 01-03-2008 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey all, bit of a newb here, but just wanted to ask if anyone here had imported rock band? I got a PS3 last weekend, ordered RB from eBay (the US version), and from what I know its in customs so should have it soon. Anyone have any probs with customs or the game itself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

Didnt think the the states version of any game played on a european console cause the bands differ, but perhaps thats a conspiracy theory put around by companies so we will buy the games here....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PS3 version of game is region free...

What postage did you pay, slimbun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Around 65 euro. I selected the express postage so I'd have it quicker. The game itself cost less than what I expect it to when it's released here though. That and I'm ridiculosly addicted to Guitar Hero but frustrated with the difficulty. Got 79% of the way through TTFAF on expert yesterday, now I can't get passed that damn intro!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I imported it back on release and it works perfectly fine for me. I didn't get caught with customs, but I did get caught with Guitar Hero III a few weeks before it for 30 euro. If it's in customs it probably means you're gonna get hit by a customs charge. If you track it on the Anpost website it should tell you if it's sitting in customs or not. If it is you can ring em up and they'll tell you how much extra they're going to charge and just have it ready for the postie when it arrives. Enjoy!

Well I got it since yesterday, all I will say is I stayed up so late I had to have breakfast at 5pm today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just bought it yesterday from ebay :)

Have a long few days while I wait now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey guys,

Thinking of importing this in the next few weeks just a few quick questions:

Where is the best place to buy it? I seen a guy on ebay from america who is selling it for about €210-220 delivered Is that the best?

When is it due for release in Ireland?

How much is it expected to cost here?

Cheers

Got mine off ebay, the price you quoted seems about right. But expect a charge from customs as well, mine was around 40 euro. No idea of a release date here yet, but Q3 this year seems likely. Cost over here could be anything from 150 upwards, I would expect it to be over 200 to be honest. Be aware that if your importing it that ONLY the Ps3 version is region free, don't get the 360 version unless you have an american 360.

Edit: been playing this for about 3 days straight now, awesome game! Blows guitar hero away, I doubt I'll ever enjoy GH as much anymore. Just wondering if anyone has worked out a way of getting a GH PS2 (Gibson SG) guitar to work on the PS3 version of rock band? I've ordered a PS2 to PS3/USB adapter from Amazon which a guy said worked with guitar hero, and according to gamespot the ps2 guitars work on the ps2 version of rock band. Am I just hoping for the best? ALso I've ordered the pedal metal mod and the drum pads from ebay too so I'll update to let ya'll know how they work out!

Update on the imported rock band situation, still haven't received the adapter to test the GH Gibson SG so no news there yet. I have however managed to set up an American PS3 Store account, and using a virtual credit card I'm downloading the metallica pack as I type! Wait it's just done, yay!! If anyone wants to know anything about doing all of this give me a shout, but remember google is always your friend for this stuff!

slimbun wrote: »
    Got mine off ebay, the price you quoted seems about right. But expect a charge from customs as well, mine was around 40 euro. No idea of a release date here yet, but Q3 this year seems likely. Cost over here could be anything from 150 upwards, I would expect it to be over 200 to be honest. Be aware that if your importing it that ONLY the Ps3 version is region free, don't get the 360 version unless you have an american 360.

Edit: been playing this for about 3 days straight now, awesome game! Blows guitar hero away, I doubt I'll ever enjoy GH as much anymore. Just wondering if anyone has worked out a way of getting a GH PS2 (Gibson SG) guitar to work on the PS3 version of rock band? I've ordered a PS2 to PS3/USB adapter from Amazon which a guy said worked with guitar hero, and according to gamespot the ps2 guitars work on the ps2 version of rock band. Am I just hoping for the best? ALso I've ordered the pedal metal mod and the drum pads from ebay too so I'll update to let ya'll know how they work out!

Hi. Have you a link to the ebay pedal mod ?

Also, was the virtual CC you setup with entropay ?

• Advertisement

Link: http://search.ebay.ie/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=rock+band+pedal+metal

Yes I set up the VCC with Entropay, you can enter all your real details with them, it's just on the PS3 you ned to enter a fake address or else it wont let you create the account.

Thanks for that. I'll setup an account with them so.

They need proof of id, which is sort of weird, but i selected social security number and put in my pps number and it was accepted, its a secure site anyway so should be fine. I have the NIN, QOTSA and Metallica packs for Rock Band so far, most definitely worth the effort!

Off topic but I've installed linux onto my ps3 too, I've never used it before in my life but if theres a forum here for it or if anyone knows some good sites let me know, its yellow dog 5.0.2.

Would you recommend the metal pedal mod ?

I haven't got it yet, but seen as the bass pedal is usually the first thing to break, and getting it sent off to EA for repairs may not be a possibilty from Ireland I thought I'd protect my investment. Theres a vid onn you tube of a guy showing how to install it, and it can be used to fix a broken pedal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

why haven't they released this over here yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

A few others and myself over at DCU have ordered it from Ebay, should arrive within a week or so... cannot wait, had a chance to play it a few weeks back from someone who actually bought it in the states and brought it home... its amazing.

Just to update you all again, got all the stuff I'd ordered, PS2 guitar will not work on PS3 RB. The only guitars that will work with it are the ones supplied with the game. The pads I got for the drums are the foam ones and not gum rubber (which are best) but they still deaden the sound enough for me. The pedal metal mod is excellent, easy to install but comes with illustrated instructions! It makes the pedal much more real feeling, and should stop it from breaking at all. I also pieced together a mic stand from drum hardware I had lying around, and playing guitar and singing at the same time is great fun! Good luck to anyone who decides to import this, it is well worth the money if you liked guitar hero at all, and possibly one of the most fun games I've ever played!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Hi lads, listen i ordered Rock Band in the last few days and while its been in Ireland since the 26th (2 days ago) in customs when roughly do ye think that ill see the thing actually arrive in my house in Cork.

It's a balls really i took the express delivery so id have it for the weekend, but that's looking very unlikely now, even my postman told me he's not sure.

I just wanted to see how long people were waiting in general...Cheers.

Incidentally i also purchased a separate guitar from eBay and am eager to make sure it works with the ps3 version as Slimbun wasn't so lucky, sorry to hear.

Mine was in customs for 3 days, and I live in Waterford. What was the extra guitar you got? Link if you have one.

• Advertisement

I got my extra guitar from a guy on ebay, here's his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Wonderful-Opportunities-Worldwide

Seems to only deal with individual instruments and not the whole thing.

Its pissing me off because it took a day and a half to get to Ireland and now the earliest ill see it is on Monday when im back to work! **** sake.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Whats the guitar like in Rock Band? Doesn't look as good as the GH3 guitar experience but the Drums looks awesome

The guitar itself or the guitar tracks you play along to? The guitar itself is good, once you get used to it. The guitar tracks are a lot easier than GH3, but can still be challenging on some songs. You have to remember that the songs in GH are chosen for the guitar and guitar alone. RB is more about getting a few people around and everyone being able to play, so the guitar was made to be more accessible than GH.

Really hoping that the Postman drops off the box tomorrow!

Slimbun, did you receive a letter and then have it posted? I got a letter off them before when i ordered some dvd's and they wouldn't send anything until i paid through a money order from the Post Office.

I'll go loopy if i don't get tho play this soon, i got tons of DLC ready and all... Metallica pack being the highlight...

The metallica pack is cool alright, especiall blackened and ....and justice for all. I didn't get any letter no, just had to pay a customs charged when it was delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

I ordered mine off ebay there on monday and it came into the country on friday, got unlucky I guess cause its been in the portlaoise mailing centre since. The guy I bought it off said he marked it as a gift so praying now that I'll get it Monday morning :D

Advertisement