Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo for .22 mag

Options
  • 01-03-2008 9:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

I can get .22 wma ammo from any where but its all 40 gr.. Is there anything heavier out there and has any body seen .22WRF ammo for sale anywhere any time??
    Just for a note: WRF ammo will only fire at about 1350 ft/sec and WMA ammo fires at about 2000 ft/sec so the WRF ammo is a closer cousin to .22lr ammo..( in terms of muz vel:)
    This seems to have been discontinued in terms of production which seems a shame as it would made a 22 mag rifle in to something of a finely tuned hybrid between the .22lr and (i'd say) the .22 hornet..... I love to get some...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

:confused: WTF ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

never herd of WTF ammo;) its WRF (i think) winchester rim fire, it was the standard ammo for the .22 mag rifle or it was at any rate a lower pressure round... which caused less damage to a given target....... Any way forget WRF for the moment,, the real qyestion here is can i buy a heavier round for the .22 mag than the standard 40gn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 expressway

http://www.chuckhawks.com/compared_17HMR_22WMR.htm
    And there are also .22 WMR loads using heavier bullets. Examples would be the Federal Game-Shok load that uses a 50 grain bullet at a MV of 1652 fps, and the Winchester 45 grain DynaPoint bullet at a MV of 1550 fps. These are rifle velocities.

Any help?

Well in that case "herd" as in of cows ;)

The proper abbreviation is WMR - Winchester Magnum Rimfire, was never known as anything else AFAIK

expressway wrote: »
    Great read it was loads of help....

• Advertisement

Well in that case "herd" as in of cows ;)

The proper abbreviation is WMR - Winchester Magnum Rimfire, was never known as anything else AFAIK
    sorry

accepted

Advertisement