Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey - straight or gay?

Options
  • 01-03-2008 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Just wanted a gay person's opinion on this. I'm a big fan of Mozzer and don't mind either way, but do you have more of an insight than I do into this question? :)

Does he give any signals that a straight man as myself wouldn't spot?

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Eh, the hell does this matter? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I always thought he was gay as Christmas judging from his lyrics. His official line is that he's asexual/celibate. Reminds me very much of how Michael Stipe was before he came out. Apparently the latest word is that he's not celibate anymore but he's keeping very hush hush about who he's seeing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Eh, the hell does this matter? :confused:

What the?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

This question has been done to death on morrissey-solo. If you want a gay mans opinion you can't go far wrong reading Mark Simpsons' opinion
    http://www.marksimpson.com/blog/celibate-cries-extract-from-saint-morrissey-by-mark-simpson/

"And so he drew
    A swallow on my neck
    And more, I will not say
    He drew
    A swallow, deep and blue
    And soon, everyone knew " -Swallow on my neck

or maybe this is closer to the actual truth -
    "
    I'm trying to explain to myself
    I can have both
    I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
    I can have both
    I can have both
    There's nobody around to say no
    Who've brain-washed the small shy boy inside
    He doesn't know he can have both " -I can have both

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

These threads really get on my wick. It's absolutely none of our business if he's straight or gay or bisexual, or whatever he wants to be. He's made it clear that he doesn't want it publicly discussed, and it should be left at that. It's a serious breach of somebody's privacy to discuss their orientation in this manner, whatever that orientation may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

*Roll MEGA F*CKIN eyes*

The OP merely asked the opinion of us gay folk, no need to get on your high horses over every little thing, shessssh :rolleyes:

OP, I've no idea who that is so I'm afraid I've no opinion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭LaVidaLoca

Most probably a closet homosexual in my opinion. As much of his fanbase is Mexican these days , I dont think it would do his career much good to admit it.

His obsession with old music-hall stars and B-Movie actors and his friendship with Alan Bennet do kind of set the old Gaydar a -beepin'.

Not to mention that a friend of mine was in a club in Dublin and saw him dissappear into a toilet cubicle with a very attractive young man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Who is Morrissey anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

I mentioned the celibate thing to a friend of mine in his 40's who's always been a Morrissey fan and he laughed saying

"Celibate? He's always had boyfriends, right the way through his career"

Me: "Then why say the celibate thing then?"
    Him: "Well people, including you, are still talking about it, twenty years later, aren't ya?"

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Anyone who sings 'I have a powder keg between my legs' has got to be a gay!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's well known that Morrissey is a gay man. If you look at a lot of his lyrics, you'll see very string hints/indications as to his sexuality.

It's just a pity that he hasn't come out publicly like Elton or George Michael. :(

Advertisement