Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugot 206

Options
  • 01-03-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Was thinking of getting a peugot 206 from '99 - '01. I am just wondering French cars don't have the best reputation for aging, has anybody had peugot that was 8+ years old and did they have much hassels?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭newbie123

i dont know if this is appropriate but
    im selling my peugeot 206 in a few weeks its 00 never had a problem with it, have it booked in for the nct first before i sell it
    pm me if your interested

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

GF has a '01 206 for about 4 yrs now, back box went recently but apart from that no major trouble.

I find the pedals too close together - I tend to hit the accel as well when I brake, the rear view mirror is mounted high and so the view out the back could be better.

Apart from that, its a good little car, drives and handles really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

stevec wrote: »
    I find the pedals too close together - I tend to hit the accel as well when I brake, the rear view mirror is mounted high and so the view out the back could be better.

Yea, my sister had one for a few years (01) with no trouble, the pedals were really close together though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

'er indoors also has one (00D).
    No issues with it except the exhaust back box went (pattern emerging here) and also some tosser who decided to pull out and stop his car in front of me.
    As for the pedals, I find them fine and I have big feet (hello ladies! :D)

Advertisement