Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring question - phase switch?

Options
  • 01-03-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need a switch that will take in and give out 2 wires, but swap them over before output. On position will swap + and -, off position will leave unchanged. I've looked an radionics but I really can't find what I need. Does anybody know exactly which switch I should use?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

What you need is a double pole double throw switch , something like this one http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2369272

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Ah ok. Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hi guys,

I need a switch that will take in and give out 2 wires, but swap them over before output. On position will swap + and -, off position will leave unchanged. I've looked an radionics but I really can't find what I need. Does anybody know exactly which switch I should use?

Thanks!

Purely out of curiosity,

What exactly is the application?

What is it you are trying to do?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It's for a guitar pickup - if you use 2 out of phase, it gives you a cool 'inside out' tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's for a guitar pickup - if you use 2 out of phase, it gives you a cool 'inside out' tone.

I just love the ingenuity :D

Hope is doesn't reduce the life of the pickup though.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Yeah I've heard of this being done a few times. I'm sure the pickup will be fine.

Advertisement