Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breakers Yard - Part Required

Options
  • 01-03-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a breakers yard in South Dublin?

I need an entire air filter housing for an almera, it currently has one of those boy racer ones that make a racket. Any idea of what one would cost, I'll need all the associated hoses as well.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Try Southside Motor Spares on the west pier of Dun Laoghaire harbour. ph 2804177. (Shane or Earl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Not Dublin, but has a good selection of stuff:

Kilcock Car Dismantlers. Laragh, Kilcock, Co. Kildare. 01 - 6285671

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Much appreciated lads.

I'll give Dun Laoighre a bell on Monday.
    Kilcocks a bit of a drive and I'd only annoy others with my super loud awesome 1.4 engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

If other fails. Loads around red cow, long mile road, greenhills area

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone know a decent source of van parts? I managed to break a little catch in th erear door mechanism so the door wont open from the outside. I have a bit of bungee cord throught the bulkhead that I pull to ope the back door. :D

The 3 fan outlets on the dash are in various states of brokeness from previous owners (why mess with them in a way that you'll break them? :rolleyes: So I need those too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JHMEG wrote: »
    Not Dublin, but has a good selection of stuff:

Kilcock Car Dismantlers. Laragh, Kilcock, Co. Kildare. 01 - 6285671

Substitute HUGE for good. Very well laid out too - cars clearly split by manufacturer and relatively well split by type.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is that place in Laragh still open, did it not get shut down a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

this is a good uk site i was told about
    www.Partsgateway.co.uk

+ this is a big one in norn iron
    http://www.traynors.biz/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

colm_mcm wrote: »
    is that place in Laragh still open, did it not get shut down a few years ago?

I was there very recently, its definitely still open.

Advertisement