Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

test routes cork

Options
  • 01-03-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

does anyone know the test routes for Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Where in cork? Theres loads of test centres in Co.Cork.
    And if you mean cork city theres still around 3 or 4 i know of. Each one having around 10 known routes.

And im pretty sure it doesnt matter as the instructer can bring you anywhere he likes.
    All i would do is if say my test was in Wilton cork city i would learn all the exits of the near roundabouts and get used to them and being in the right lanes.

Doesnt really matter where you are after that anyway, you should still be able to drive save in an unknown area

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    the instructer can bring you anywhere he likes
    Presumably you mean 'the examiner'? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Yea sorry. Examiner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hariyari

Any tips/pitfalls general routes etc for tests out of the Sarsfield Road centre in Cork would be great!! I agree that you should be able to drive safely anywhere but even experienced drivers can have difficulty on unknown roads :p I'm doing my test there but so plan to spend a few days before the test getting to know the roads.(don't live in Cork)

Also any recommendations for a driving instructor in Cork???

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

hariyari wrote: »
    Any tips/pitfalls general routes etc for tests out of the Sarsfield Road centre in Cork would be great!! I agree that you should be able to drive safely anywhere but even experienced drivers can have difficulty on unknown roads :p I'm doing my test there but so plan to spend a few days before the test getting to know the roads.(don't live in Cork)

Also any recommendations for a driving instructor in Cork???

Did my test today and passed in thw wilton test centre. Went out of the centre and turned right, then into togher, behind lidl - where i stopped to do my hand signals and hill start, then upto some estate about 400meters up where I did my turnabout. In by the Lough then to some small park to do my reverse around and started to head back then. Traffic was quite bad as I did it at 4.35 so the above took well over half an hour.

Hope that helps in any way shape or form!

• Advertisement

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Did my test today and passed in thw wilton test centre. ... ......I did it at 4.35
    I was in the Wilton/Sarsfield Road area at 4.30 this afternoon. I didn't realise there was a test centre in the vicinity. We may have met! Some of the lanes on the roundabouts there are a bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

We may have met! Some of the lanes on the roundabouts there are a bit funny.

A Bit?! They're crazy!!! May have come accross you alright. Just hope you weren't the green polo who decided not to indicate on one roundabout n threw me off costing me a grade 2 :p

Just hope you weren't the green polo who decided not to indicate on one roundabout n threw me off costing me a grade 2 :p
    Nah, I was in a dark blue MB E Class. The roundabouts there are a bit strange alright. I would be reasonably experienced after 20 years of driving but I still managed to find myself having to try to change lanes half way around some of those roundabouts. In fairness, all the motorists there seem to be very courteous. Fair play to you Cork people! :)

Did my test today and passed in thw wilton test centre

Hope that helps in any way shape or form!

Thanks a mill for taking the time to post the route you took - tis a great help.

and CONGRATS on passing your test!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My first test they took me left out of the Wilton centre, down the hill, up toward Tesco, then first exit off the Wilton roundabout to take me out past the hospital, then just as you pass Xtra Vision on your left there's a filter lane to go right up towards one of the housing estates. Up there did my 'turnabout' hand signals etc. then came out by Dunnes and had my 'reverse around the corner' on this nightmare of a corner (your instructor will know it, it's infamous!), failed spectacularly and then poodled back to the centre in rush hour traffic.

Second test went right out of the centre, over by Lidl, into the housing estate by the TSB bank, did the reverse around the corner on the big wide corner in there (first one you hit really if you come in from the Lidl entrance), off up Earlwood then to do my turnabout and back to the centre.

Another route they are keen on is down by the Lough, right towards Ballyphehane, left at Ballyphehane church and then up toward the housing estates by the library up there. Also (usually less so though because of how busy it is with buses etc.) is Summerstown/Sandymount.

• Advertisement

Thanks again to ellscurr n DJ Hafez for the routes - got my test next week........... so fingers crossed!!

Where is the nightmare corner??? I don't live in cork and don't know that area well!!

Does anyone know a good instructor for pretests in cork??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭madaboutcars

Anyone got any idea where they send you if you get tested in Blackrock(the SGS test centre in Bessboro)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Anyone got any idea where they send you if you get tested in Blackrock(the SGS test centre in Bessboro)?

So many threads like this these days, how about learning to drive rather than learning a route.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Azlan

egan007 wrote: »
    So many threads like this these days, how about learning to drive rather than learning a route.

Even experienced drivers can be thrown and make mistakes on roads they don't know .......... and that's without the extra nervousness of having a tester with you - if you can't drive then no matter how much you drive around the routes then you won't pass. I passed my test in cork and wouldn't like to try going around sarsfield road roundabout for the first time on a test .............

Try being a bit more supportive or say nothing!!!!

Azlan wrote: »
    Try being a bit more supportive or say nothing!!!!
    No back seat modding please Azlan! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Azlan

sorry Wishbone ............. that kinda thing just drives me crazy..........

Advertisement