Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Another "Hard Rock" Entry From Finland In Eurovision

• 01-03-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Teräsbetoni will represent Finland in this year's Eurovision. But unfortunately I doubt they'll emulate Lordi in any way.
    The song is sung in Finnish.
    It's not a bad song, though they've had much better in the past.

My prediction - mid table at best. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

**** its Boyowar! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... It's a bit meh, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

FLMAO :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's alright I suppose, nothing great. Decent vocalist though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

One of my finnish friends was telling me about this song. Even the metal-heads over there dislike it. The lyrics apparently are completely meaningless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hmm... It's a bit meh, isn't it?
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. I always think there's something not quite right about a guy being able to sing that high. Maybe if his trousers were a little less 'confining' the pitch of his voice would drop down a bit :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

We have dustin....can we really criticise :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Computer says no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Apocalyptica playing at the last eurovision made me very freakin happy.
    the girls i lived with had it on and i was bored and annoyed and then boom, apocalyptica!
    Voda was a nice entry last year by bulgaria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

malice_ wrote: »
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. I always think there's something not quite right about a guy being able to sing that high. Maybe if his trousers were a little less 'confining' the pitch of his voice would drop down a bit :D.

This song doesn't actually do the band any justice. They are a good band even if the lead singer does reach notes that only would be attempted by the singer from The Darkness.

This is their best song in my opinion (although it's not the original video, which I can't seem to find!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

Wearing a Rickenbacker bass high up and using a classical hand position...very Manowar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Should have sent Wintersun!

Advertisement