Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Weapons

Options
  • 02-03-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Any of ye guys have some in the car? In case of whatever you thing you might need one for?

I have nothing more than a pen at access to me while driving but im wondering do any of ye have an old rusty hammer under your seat for whatever reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

wheel brace /or a steering lock is your only man

FYI some guy got done in galway for a hatchet under his seat and her wasn't a bogey f**ker either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have an Nokia 5110 in the glove compartment, could come in handy :D

nokia5110.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

an ol' can of lynx and a lighter - torch the car jacking sob's!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have the accelerator peddle!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Yea i would be nervous of having something that looks a bit more aggressive on account of the police if you got a pertercially nasty fella looking at your car for some reason. maybe if you had a tool bag in the back and pretend the hammer or axe fell out and slipped under the seat hahaha.

Has anyone ever had reason to use a weapon from there car here?

• Advertisement

I have an Nokia 5110 in the glove compartment, could come in handy :D

nokia5110.gif

by jaysus you'd take out half the country with one swipe of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Aparently in eastern european countires outlaws regularily stop cars and take them from the owners. I'm not sure how they stop them....blocking the road, guns??

An immobiliser is a great weapon in this scenario!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should have seen the NEC brick in my old Merc! :eek:

Mike.

Baseball bat steering lock FTW... It wont do much to stop your car being robbed i'd imagine unless you had it in one hand.

6b5e_1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My Peugeot partner has the roof flap. When I push a button 2 50 cal machine gun raise up through it and anhialate anyone pulling any road rage on me. :D

• Advertisement

Aparently in eastern european countires outlaws regularily stop cars and take them from the owners. I'm not sure how they stop them....blocking the road, guns??

An immobiliser is a great weapon in this scenario!

i'd say they pose as cops... I remember last year maybe 06/07 not 100% sure - a load of young chaps went about Dundalk and Newry highjacking cars, just like the movies i guess...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I keep my doors locked so feck them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

No cars worth getting hurt over, throw em the keys and ask if you can have the front door key, as you don't want wake the missus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Rent cars in the US a lot and in some states they actually give you a leaflet on anti-carjacking measures. The best advice I've seen is: 'at traffic lights, never drive right up to the car in front as this would impede youe getaway'. I still use this, even in good ol' "safe" ireland.

stevec wrote: »
    Rent cars in the US a lot and in some states they actually give you a leaflet on anti-carjacking measures. The best advice I've seen is: 'at traffic lights, never drive right up to the car in front as this would impede youe getaway'. I still use this, even in good ol' "safe" ireland.

Good idea, even then if the car jacker hits you from behind you wont be paying for the guy fronts damage aswell as a new car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

run them down

It wont be so long imo before ireland gets to americas level of carjackings per pop. You could install super high powered electric window on your side with the top of the glass sharpened. Hand goes in, hand comes off.. or else drive for a bit and make him beg for freedom

stratos wrote: »
    No cars worth getting hurt over, throw em the keys and ask if you can have the front door key, as you don't want wake the missus.

And tell her to have the strap-on ready. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if anyone tries to tamper or steal my property they'll be met with force. Padraic Nally for President ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I'm sorry if anyone tries to tamper or steal my property they'll be met with force. Padraic Nally for President ;)
    ROFLMAO! :D

+1

Ahahahahahahaha.
    I do agree to a certen extent with stratos though, if some guy pointed a gun at my window i would be wasting my time fumbling around looking for something to hit him with. Hop out, hand him the keys.

But of course i would never forget his face and hopefully have revenge some day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

X2 "i never saw the likes garda, he tripped and fell and hit my fist with his face repeatedly on the way down", :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

A nice large maglite torch. It's not illegal to have one in the car.

D_murph wrote: »
    X2 "i never saw the likes garda, he tripped and fell and hit my fist with his face repeatedly on the way down", :D

Well TBH even if he did get my car, i'd sleep better knowing he got it with a feractured jaw or nose...or a hole the size of an apple in his chest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

South Africa is the world leader for car-jackings, as a result, they have all sorts of gadgets to combat them, including under sill flame throwers...

Unfortunately handing over the keys is not always an option, some guys just shoot, hence the extreme counter measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Well TBH even if he did get my car, i'd sleep better knowing he got it with a feractured jaw or nose...or a hole the size of an apple in his chest :D

can you imagine the size of an exit wound that would leave on his back :eek: lol

yep. if he gets the car, he'll bloody well earn it if i have a say in it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

In fairness, most car jackers know their business and its all over before you know it.

As for thoughts of battering them with the weapon you've secreted under your seat etc. Forget it.

We'd all like to put up a fight, but the reality is very different.

Oilrig wrote: »
    In fairness, most car jackers know their business and its all over before you know it.

As for thoughts of battering them with the weapon you've secreted under your seat etc. Forget it.

We'd all like to put up a fight, but the reality is very different.

They only have to be unlucky once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Be honest here most of us are ordinary people, there is no revenge. you won't avenge the theft of your car. the people who want your stuff work on a different level. Life has no worth to these people. Most of the people here who would advocate attacking a burglar pay their nct. jeez i'm not that thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Oilrig wrote: »
    South Africa is the world leader for car-jackings, as a result, they have all sorts of gadgets to combat them, including under sill flame throwers...

I always thought that was an urban legend (a SA mate of mine did too), but seemingly the flame-thrower was on the market for a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_(flamethrower)

Only a couple of hundred sold, it would blind rather than necessarily kill, and they're not making them any more. But it did exist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

They only have to be unlucky once.

Unfortunately, so do you :(

Advertisement