Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Hours in WIT

Options
  • 02-03-2008 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Going back to college. Just wondering what courses have a 9-5 Mon -Fri hours and are there any with ok hours as I would like to work part time.

I hear Rec Management and Health Studies is a few hours a week only.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It would be almost impossible for anyone to give you an idea of what each course entails. Its very mixed, some courses are in 9-5 others are in a half a day, others are in all day with several hours of during the day etc.

What course are you thinking of doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mmad

either IT or business related.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Most IT courses are 9-5. Anybody I know in business courses are very mixed hours, with hours of in between. However, they start sometimes around 9 and might have a few classes, few hours off, then more classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Business courses are fairly mixed as Sully said. e.g. I'm in second year and i have one 9-5 day the rest are 10 or 11 til 2 or 3. Most courses are like that as far as I'm aware, but first years tend to get longer hours, well more breaks in bwtween classes. In some business courses you could end up with a day off on Friday.

Most courses have mainly a few classes in the morning on a Friday, if your lucky you can get it of ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement