Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth Peripheral Devices - No drivers found - Vista

• 02-03-2008 4:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

So during the week I picked up an internal dell branded bluetooth card for my Inspiron laptop - it's actually the one they supply with this model (Dell 355) though I Widdcom BT stack so I installed that from the accompanying CD.

Anyway, now sitting in my devices list are two devices helpfully named 'bluetooth peripheral device' that I can't seem to locate dirvers for. Did a search in Google and it seems I'm not alone in having this issue but I found no resolutions. The hardware ID's are:

1.) BTHENUM\{00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f

and

2.) BTHENUM\{00005601-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f

I have both disabled presently so that I don't get prompted to install the drivers on each login and everything I need from my bluetooth card seems to be working fine - Nokia PC Suite connectivity and the tethered modem.

Just wondering if anyone else here has come accross this and any possible fixes. Also can't help but be curious about what facilities I'm missing.

Maybe someone with a Vista Inspiron 9400 who got their laptop with this thing pre-installed might be able to shed some light on this...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

If you install a bluetooth card or dongle you need to install the BlueSoleil drivers to use it.

http://www.bluesoleil.com/

Bluetooth adapters all use the drivers made by BlueSoleil. If your card/dongle is an officially marked one, the drivers install and work without issue. If you buy a cheap knockoff from Hong Kong whose MAC address isn't registered with BlueSoliel, you have to buy a code for the drivers to allow more than 5 meg transfers at a time.

I'm guessing your Dell adapter is fine and more than likely an 'officially registered' bluetooth device so you won't need to purchase anything - just download the latest BlueSoleil drivers and yer off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

im trying to use my motorola s9 headset with my xps 420, i9t has bluetooth adapter installed but dont know how to get it to stream music frm WMP...any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

On the Motorola thing you need to go into your sound properties in control panel and check the playback device is set to windows default. You then need to right click on your blooth icon, select to list your bluetooth devices and enable the appropriate audio settings.

On my own issue that started the thread, the Blue Soleil drivers won't help in my case as it is a broadcom chipset.

Anyone with an Inspiron 9400 with bluetooth built in out there?

Advertisement