Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm and Jim Jim Mega Merge (previously Colm and Jim Jim one year one...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

They are a pair of retarded muppets without the hand up their arses. Maybe if somebody rammed their arm shoulder deep up their ass they might be able to manipulate an original comment, gag or idea from this pair of stale, washed up has beens. FFS they make Ian Dempsey look good and he is the listening equivalent of a lobotomised half wit watching paint dry. If you replaced them with two chimps and a drum kit it would be an improvement and easier to listen to. Mind you they are not that dissimilar to a pair of chimps either.....

And the prank call sheeeeiite! FFS that "gag" was not funny 15-20 odd years ago when "Dusty Rhodes", "Rick O'Shea" or "Pull my knob" were doing it on Atlantic 252 and it certainly is not funny now. Its about as new and original as Gerry Fathead Ryan is an anorexic.

Listen to 2fm these days is as appealing as licking Ruth Scotts meaty, hairy, sweaty arm pits..... I envy the deaf. At least they don't know what their missing.

:D
    Legend post! I 2nd it. Such muck on the radio. That prank call is an insult to humor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

bbability wrote: »
    Anyone get to here Bono on Colm and Jim Jim this morning... It was fab!!

Boards may hate them but Bono Luvs them;)

I listened to them on FM104 and was a good show,

2FM on the other hand is a bit hit and miss to be fair, i remember one of thier compotisions was guess what song jim-jim is belching?? FFS that was never going to be funny especally at half eight in the morning!!!!!!!!!!

But asides from that, the majority i bear, until i find somthing of substance to listen too.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

Bono was pretty good on this morning's show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Raspberry wrote: »
    Bono was pretty good on this morning's show.

Colm, Jim-Jim AND Bono? Didn't think they could make the any worse but somehow they did. Muppets one and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Mister Fister

I listen to them but have to say that the ditsy cow they have on irritates me to such an extent that by the time i get to work i feel like beltin the first woman i see...

why dont i turn it off? i dont know, maybe i like getting enraged in the morning or maybe theres fuk all else to listen to and ive forgotten my cds because i was in a rush this morning and i just hate my job

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

WTF? They're by far the best things to listen in the mornings. I love listening to their show in d morning.

They're TV show is kinda **** tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

From what i've heard of it (and it's not much!), it seems to me that they are trying to create a family show in the mornings. My six year old niece and nephews love them. The 104 show would have targetted adults more.

I was never a fan of Jim Jim. I used to love the strawberries on 104 when it was Colm, Justin and Joan. Very funny radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

djsupreme wrote: »
    I used to love the strawberries on 104 when it was Colm, Justin and Joan. Very funny radio.

agreed. chemistry was great between em all and was hilarious :D

I would rather listen to someone scraping their nails of a blackboard than them 2 muppets. Its cringe radio at its best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Spot on horse!! Muppets, thats what I say, total muppetts.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

There hasn't been a half decent irish pre 9am radio show since Tubridy was moved to RTE1. I used to listen to him and his gang from about 8 o'clock, flip over to Today at about 8:15 for gift grub/ radio roy (or whatever they call it), and then back to 2fm for the rest of the show. These days I listen to morning ireland until the stuttering and stammering is too much to bear and then I'm off to Lyric for a bit of therapy.

Bring back Tubs I say :p Or better still Put him in the 9am to midday 2fm slot (you wouldn't need to rename the show) and see if Gerry can do a better job of the pre 9am breakfast show :D I'm sure he would love the challenge. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My Verdict:
    If you like Colm and Jim-Jim , I don't care for you as a person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The D4 Toff and Scobie bloke the have on are a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Passenger wrote: »
    The D4 Toff and Scobie bloke the have on are a joke.
    AKA Dougie Highlife and Anto or whatever he calls himself. He's rapiiiiiiiiiiiiiid........NOT.

Although the way these two chimps ROFL at whatever comes out of these callers mouths would make you think that you were listening to the next comedic genius on the line :rolleyes:

The two of them remind me of the simpsons episode where Bart wins (demands) the elephant on a radio station -
    At the KBBL studios, Bill and Marty's boss gives them a dressing-down.

Boss: Look, our ratings are down, and the station is being swamped
    with angry calls and letter-bombs.
    [A few letter-bombs explode in a pile]
    And it's all your fault!
    Bill: Yes it is, ma'am.
    Boss: This is the DJ 3000. It plays CDs automatically, and it has
    three distinct varieties of inane chatter.
    [presses a button]
    DJ 3000: [stilted] Hey, hey. How about that weather out there?
    Woah! _That_ was the caller from hell.
    Well, hot dog! We have a weiner.
    Bill: Man, that thing's great!
    Marty: _Don't_ praise the machine!
    Boss: If you don't get that kid an elephant by tomorrow, the DJ 3000
    gets your job.
    [Marty punches it]
    DJ 3000: Those clowns in congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns.
    Bill: [laughs] How does it keep up with the news like that?
    -- Misplaced admiration, "Bart Gets an Elephant"
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

They're muppets but I must be in a minority, judging by their listenership figures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Oh I can't stand PJ Gallagher and his "funny" prank calls - it's actually one of the reasons I switched off. Here's a tip PJ: Putting on a stuttering whiny accent and mumbling to some random person in the UK is NOT funny. Not the first time, not the 20th time you do it! :mad:

I absolutely agree with the above. But even worse is the truly cringing Gerry Fishbender(?) character. Maybe this is also PJ Galllagher but I think it is more likely to be the Colm creature. He really sounds like some grossly deviant sex offender. Having witnessed one of the truly bottom of the barrel tv shows he presents on RTE tv I am beginning to think Colm Hayes' true persona is Gerry Fishbender from the way he leers after the female contestants. Truly revolting lowest common denominator radio and tv

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

What a top class radio show.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Apparently people say they're LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) Radio. Yeah. If you have no sense of ****ing humour.

They're great. How can a NATIONAL RADIO SHOW be LCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Fago_25 wrote: »
    How can a NATIONAL RADIO SHOW be LCD?

You obviously have no idea what the term means if you have to ask a question like that.
    Anything that has to be of broad and wide ranging appeal (such as breakfast shows on national broadcasters) will default to appealing to as big and general an audience as possible, so it comes down to appealing to the lowest common denominator...if you start going above the heads of some people then you loose a proportion of your listeners and thus your available advertising targets, which isn't good for business.
    Not that any of that excuses the forms of LCD radio we see in this country...

Well, unless the audience shrinks to their respective mothers and a stray dog, these morons are here to stay. Thank heavens for CD players in cars I say :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Apparently people say they're LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) Radio. Yeah. If you have no sense of ****ing humour.

They're great. How can a NATIONAL RADIO SHOW be LCD?

There's no apparently about it. People DO say they appeal to the lowest common denominator. That's because they do, as explained above.

There's no reason for you as a fan to get upset about that once you understand what the term means.

What you should be getting upset about is the opinion that they are bland and desperately unfunny, they belong in a world where loud stream-of-conciousness shouting, unintelligible mumbling and Christmas cracker jokes are an acceptable substitute for entertainment, and any semblance of life that was allegedly a part of their act in the past was sucked unmercifully from them when they made the journey to Montrose.

Because people say that too, and I reckon they might be right.

Additional Hatred :

Flicking stations after the football on today fm this afternoon, I came across an ad on 2fm to the tune of "All I want for Christmas is you".

It seemingly was a list of Guests saying Merry Christmas from Colm and Jim "Jim", performed by what is surely Ireland's worst impersonator. There were 4 "celebrities" parodied, the only one I can remember is "Howaya, lads. Hows the form. blah blah blah. Colin Farrell here..Merry Christmas from colm and jim, yeah?" .

I remember that one as I sat open mouthed as until the name was spoken, I had thought it was someone impersonating Leo from Fair City. That's how poor the impersonation was.

Can anyone who listens to these mongos clarify if this is the legendarily poor oliver callan moonlighting, or is this sub-standard crap a regular feature on the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Its amazing the way people hate a certain show or dislike a certain thing in a show or hate the ground on which certain presenters walk on but yet can tell us from start to finish what they've had for breakfast dinner and tea, whether they leave the toilet seat up when they're finished and tell you about everything that happens in their respective shows. This just doesn't relate to Colm and Jim Jim but to other shows on which people here with no life but who have alot of time to post pure dribble about a proven format and how crap "they are". There is a difference in disliking a show and getting personal. Has this become a mini radiowaves tribute???

Maybe just maybe one day the mega thousand posters might get a life and talk about something positive or even try a get a life outside the PC!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

mbur wrote: »
    There hasn't been a half decent irish pre 9am radio show since Tubridy was moved to RTE1. I used to listen to him and his gang from about 8 o'clock, flip over to Today at about 8:15 for gift grub/ radio roy (or whatever they call it), and then back to 2fm for the rest of the show.

Same here.....I just can't stomach Coldum & Dim Dim, in fairness they are hardly able to press and buttons or get anything right on the show. Colm can hardly speak at times and is constantly tongue tied for some reason. It's just not funny and at times a cringe fest. Tip for the guys...stop making the supposed funny calls to the UK. I turn pver to 2fm the odd morning to see if it has improved and alas it hasn't improved one bit.

BRING BACK TUBBS:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rebel_rebel

Am I alone in thinking how the hell these two guys got on the radio?!(on the tv too but thats for another rant!)

Am I missing out on the joke,they are about as funny as a childrens burn unit in a hospital.

Anyone else with me or am I alone?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Anyone else with me or am I alone?

Your not alone when Jim JIm's sitting beside you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I like 'em.
    Don't think its easy doing 3 hours live, 5 days a week.
    The beauty of the on/off switch is that they don't have to annoy you - and you can be on your own ;)

on TV they are dire, so I don't watch !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

Absolutely crap.

I just wish one of our national stations could have a morning show with:

A good mix of chart / classics.
    News/sport on the half hour for 5 mins.
    .... and presenter(s) who don't waffle on and on..... just play the music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Generally people who listen to 2FM are idiots with a terrible taste in music

dedon wrote: »
    Generally people who listen to 2FM are idiots with a terrible taste in music
    QFT

• Advertisement

Sadly, someone is listening. Or they'd have gotten the chop like Marty Whelan did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Am i wrong for being suspicious of the origins of this thread?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Colm & Jim Jim threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

They get a bit repetitive after a while.

New show should come with a health warning aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

I find these two really unfunny and irritating. Apparantly builders and tradesmen find them funny. Who listens to 2FM anyway?

I find these two really unfunny and irritating. Apparantly builders and tradesmen find them funny. Who listens to 2FM anyway?

People who can't operate the dials on their radios

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

i cannot believe anyone in their right mind could find
    colm and jim funny.....and i'd laugh at anything:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I can't believe how people are making unfunny after unfunny descriptions as to how unfunny THESE guys are...when clearly they can't do much better.

I'm a proud Colm & Jim Jim fan (and Ray Foley to boot). Have been for years. I also don't take myself nor what I listen to on the radio very seriously...and if I feel like moaning about music, I turn on my iPod! It's a very simple solution :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Do they do the Australian crank call thing, where they themselves have re recorded the caller?

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    I can't believe how people are making unfunny after unfunny descriptions as to how unfunny THESE guys are...when clearly they can't do much better.

I'm a proud Colm & Jim Jim fan (and Ray Foley to boot). Have been for years. I also don't take myself nor what I listen to on the radio very seriously...and if I feel like moaning about music, I turn on my iPod! It's a very simple solution :)

Maybe they try too hard to be funny...im also a Ray Foley fan and think
    he's one of the best dj's on radio because he seems relaxed and natural...

You have to remember...they're not comedians by trade. They're two DJs who are given the task of going out and providing an off-beat, fun breakfast show together. I get a laugh out of them in the same way I do down the pub. If they announced a stand-up tour, granted, I wouldn't be rushing to buy tickets anytime soon. But in terms of just having the craic...I enjoy it. I think SOME people here (not all) take themselves too seriously. It's just a bit of radio...if it's not for you there's more alternative options than ever with podcasts etc these days.

Foley is brilliant, agreed. As a radio DJ myself, I'll tell you the one thing he has over everyone else is sheer confidence. He can sit back and chat at his leisure, isn't afraid of leaving dead air and is just generally relaxed and fun. When you listen to his show, you feel like you're just hanging out in the studio, with him doing whatever comes into his head for the craic...all the while on a huge timeslot on a national radio station. It takes a lot of skill...and it's very easy for some to just sit back and be an armchair critic when they probably couldn't hold a candle to him...

You have to remember...they're not comedians by trade. They're two DJs who are given the task of going out and providing an off-beat, fun breakfast show together. I get a laugh out of them in the same way I do down the pub. If they announced a stand-up tour, granted, I wouldn't be rushing to buy tickets anytime soon. But in terms of just having the craic...I enjoy it. I think SOME people here (not all) take themselves too seriously. It's just a bit of radio...if it's not for you there's more alternative options than ever with podcasts etc these days.

Foley is brilliant, agreed. As a radio DJ myself, I'll tell you the one thing he has over everyone else is sheer confidence. He can sit back and chat at his leisure, isn't afraid of leaving dead air and is just generally relaxed and fun. When you listen to his show, you feel like you're just hanging out in the studio, with him doing whatever comes into his head for the craic...all the while on a huge timeslot on a national radio station. It takes a lot of skill...and it's very easy for some to just sit back and be an armchair critic when they probably couldn't hold a candle to him...

i totally agree Leggo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

benj wrote: »

What I don't get about Ray Foley's show is why does he need a gang of people to help run his show :confused:

Back on topic - Colm and Jim Jim, they must go home every day wondering how they are getting away with it this long. Just not funny, if they toned their efforts of trying to be soooo funny they might actually be better off, its like the harder they try the worse it gets :eek:

Sizzler wrote: »
    What I don't get about Ray Foley's show is why does he need a gang of people to help run his show :confused:

Back on topic - Colm and Jim Jim, they must go home every day wondering how they are getting away with it this long. Just not funny, if they toned their efforts of trying to be soooo funny they might actually be better off, its like the harder they try the worse it gets :eek:

on the ray foley question about the gang of people,i jus't think it's like
    having a few friends around and having a bit of banter...they just seem
    to bounce off each other...

Sizzler wrote: »

Look at the content in his show: it's just chat and banter. And it's very hard to do either of them if you're on your own. Especially when it comes to production etc.

Unless you're running a phone show ala Gerry Ryan, Joe Duffy etc...hearing the same voice for 2-3 hours, 5 days a week gets very monotonous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Well I a fan of both shows. It shouldn't be taken lightly what these lads did for Fm104 ratings wise. Obviously they are on a tighter niche in Donnybrook but having said that its impossible to get it right all the time. Just look a Moyles across the pond. A slight dip in his figures last year a people wrote him off.

Colm and Jim are well established and will have their ups and downs like everyone else. They certainly don't seem to have as much freedom when it comes to guests and broadcasting out on the road. That was what they were good at with 104. At bit more OB wouldn't go a miss.

This thread is not for discussing Ray Foley. If you want to do that you can start another thread.

Next person to take this thread off topic will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 scruff murphy

bbability wrote: »
    Well its this week last year that Colm and Jim Jim were finally given the chance to bring their wacky format to national radio. Any thoughts on how the show is developing?

Very boring and mundane now. They wer much better on fm104. Now they are trapped and stodgy. Thats the price you pay when you work for a semi state company. Does anyone know what happened to the two country lads on spin 103. They were gas. I used to love listening to them. Thats who RTE should have hired. :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 scruff murphy

Who is Ray Foley, Ive never heard of him, what station is he on?

Scruff Murphy banned for 3 days for ignoring the on thread warning.

The next ban will be longer again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement