Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lifting solid flooring

Options
  • 02-03-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

I put down solid Oak flooring 8 years by secret nailing it on sheets of ply place on the floor joist. I'm now thinking of using it in another room and am considering lifting it and re-laying it in the same manner. I have taken pieces up before for maintanance purposes, however I wondering if anyone has done this and is there any secific way of taking the flooring up with damaging it.

(Originally post in the woodcraft area with response)

Cheers
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

yes it can be done .relaese the whole of boards together them pull them up with your hands ,this stops the boards from breaking then snap the nails off by bending back and forward and nail will then snap off without too much damaged done

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Thanks Chippie,

Advertisement