Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boardsDOTapple???

• 02-03-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Just a little nag:
    the iPhone's great...sure...
    But there are HOW MANY threads about it going here at the mo', while all other newly announced handsets get lumped together in one thread???
    I was gonna start an "iphone screen shape" thread to inform the potential buyers that indeed the screen of the iphone IS rectangular - certainly worthwhile info????... Yet I have to wade through various posts to keep up to date with, say, the xperia because it's there in the blender and it's spinning me dizzy...
    ?????????????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

an iphone sub forum would be pretty handy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

an iphone sub forum would be pretty handy...

agree... And I think some non-iphone-ish current and future releases deserve their own thread... (I'm always scared I might accidentally look at a motorola announcement...without warning, just browsing the "new phones" section! i'd be scarred for life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

strecker wrote: »
    But there are HOW MANY threads about it going here at the mo'

there was a sticky created to discuss topics on sourcing / unlocking them

then there are others on different topics, like the lunch in Ireland, configuring general settings (email, proxy hack, etc)

when a new one appears that already has a thread, i go in and merge them... and that happens a lot, when i get the chance
    strecker wrote: »
    while all other newly announced handsets get lumped together in one thread???

they are pre-announced, they don't exist yet, there are no units in public use, haven't seen any posts that are just more than personal opinion / speculation / spec worship... so i'll bung them together for now (e.g. about 3 threads about the SE X1 all pointing out it was announced!)... when there is something of merit about them or they are available they will get their own thread

hope that's as logical to you as it is to me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement