Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helper Monkey anyone?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi anyone need any help in the studio or know anyone that does?
    I'm trying to get some experience in a "real" studio even if its just making the tea. Recently i've been doing alot of recording at home and reading everything I can find. I'm also doing a night course in sound engineering (if that counts for anything).
    I'm a secondary school teacher so I have ample time weekends and over the summer and i'm willing to work for peanuts!
    Anyone who can hook me up much appreciated!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Studiomonkey?

I'd like to, but I can't help you at the moment (no room!). Best bet is to try get in with an band/artist when they are going in to the studio. Studios can be a bit funny about putting someone in on work experience when their clients book time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 studiojunkie

Cheers thanx anyway! My own band are going into the studio soon so it will be a chance to exerience things on both sides of the fence! (or soundproof glass as the case may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Going in with various bands is a great idea, you'll get to see a lot, learn studio etiquette (possibly more important for a virgin "studio monkey" than knowledge) and the studio owners will be familiar with you. If you're not a dork, you're helpfull, don't throw the ribbon mics around and male a good brew..... they might have you back. Before you know it you'll be a multi-platinum producer. What could be simpler? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Studio etiquette can be encapsulated in two words -

"Shut Up"

Never learned it myself!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Hi anyone need any help in the studio or know anyone that does?
    I'm trying to get some experience in a "real" studio even if its just making the tea. Recently i've been doing alot of recording at home and reading everything I can find. I'm also doing a night course in sound engineering (if that counts for anything).
    I'm a secondary school teacher so I have ample time weekends and over the summer and i'm willing to work for peanuts!
    Anyone who can hook me up much appreciated!
    Cheers!

Where you based Squire? Might have a possible something for you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 studiojunkie

I'm based in Dublin near city center but I have a car and i'm willing to travel!
    PM me if ya know of anything!
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

I'm based in Dublin near city center but I have a car and i'm willing to travel!
    PM me if ya know of anything!
    Cheers!

PM'ed

Advertisement