Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone launch

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I didn't realise that in order to secure exclusitivity that the operator has to agree to give Apple a percentage of the revenues generated by iPhone users. It is ironic that Apple is resisting similar enough deals with Universal with relation to the ITunes service and the iPod. Afaik, MS give a percentage of the Zune's selling price to the record companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

the more i see the whole UI/multitouch functionality in reviews the more impressed i am by it.
    the ease with which you can navigate by scrolling and zooming is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Apparently, its not just that. AT&T also had to change a lot of their background infrastructure to accommodate what Apple had planned for the iPhone, like the visual voicemail feature, and the sudden massive (exponential rather than incremental) increase in EDGE speeds the night before the launch.

I can't see O2 doing anything similar (hell, they can't invest in a proper website!), and expect the Euro iPhone to be somewhat crippled as a result.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

fbradyirl wrote:
    I have a feeling that the phone will be launched in Ireland at the same time as the UK as O2 Ireland & O2 Uk work so closely together.

i wouldn't agree with that at all, phones have never gotten launched at the same time in the UK and Ireland up until on O2 or on Voda, not sure why that would change now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I can't see O2 doing anything similar (hell, they can't invest in a proper website!), and expect the Euro iPhone to be somewhat crippled as a result.
    They are making separate deals with different carriers across Europe, what O2 does in Ireland I don't think will affect what happens in Germany, France etc

• Advertisement

art wrote:
    They are making separate deals with different carriers across Europe, what O2 does in Ireland I don't think will affect what happens in Germany, France etc
    Sorry, you're right, I meant to say UK iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Here's 2 different knock-offs (the first as seen in an earlier video) on EBay:

tPhone 1
    tPhone 2

Anyone willing to buy one? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

basquille wrote:
    Here's 2 different knock-offs (the first as seen in an earlier video) on EBay:

tPhone 1
    tPhone 2

Anyone willing to buy one? :D

Nope. These knock-offs look really lame. Guess if you're into fake Rolex watches, only that this is such a poor copy you'd notice it isn't the real thing immediately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

The only way the iPhone can live up to all the hype...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Salesman in O2 in Blanch today told me he 'reckons' they'll have the iphone in the 4th quarter of this year (between Sep and Dec I suppose)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ha loved that link! Like to see him do an N95 next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Looks like its T-Mobile for Germany (possibly also the rest of the European operations) alright, after the phone made a brief appearance on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Advertisement