Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1080p

• 02-03-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭

lads how come i can't get 1080p on my xbox 360 elite ??

i have a 1080p tv and the xbox is connected to the tv by hdmi cable

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

did you change the display settings in your xbox system blade ?

took me a couple of hours to realise I wasn't gaming in HD when I first bought my HD TV , lollers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

miju wrote: »
    did you change the display settings in your xbox system blade ?

took me a couple of hours to realise I wasn't gaming in HD when I first bought my HD TV , lollers :)

do you mean system settings if so yes iv checked

there is a option there but its not highlighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭omalleyTown

do you mean system settings if so yes iv checked

there is a option there but its not highlighted

I might double check that tv spec if thats the case. Although in theory the 360 should let you change to that resolution and then the tv would either display the dash or go black for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

You got burned by whoever sold the TV to you. I bet it does 1080i rather than 1080p. On anything less than a 50 inch screen you really won't notice much of a difference between the two settings though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

my ps3 works on 1080p no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What's the make and model of your TV?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Most 360 games only run @ 720p upscaled anyways so you'll prob notice little difference between the 720p and 1080p, although 360 does upscale well...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Achilles wrote: »
    What's the make and model of your TV?

As the man says What's the make and model of your TV? Some TV's are compatible with 1080p though they don't actually show a 1080p image such as some panasonics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sounds like a 1080i TV, need more info, if you have it going through HDMI, there should be no bother...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I have the same TV and same issue as the OP. The TV is a Xoro HTL 3742w and it is indeed a 1080p tv. It has 3 x hdmi ports, VGA and component. Both component and hdmi accept 1080p no problems, vga is limited to 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768 or 1360 x 768. I have my ps3 going 1080p over hdmi and have run both my laptop and pc at 1080p over hdmi via dvi-hdmi cables.

I also have an elite and have the same issue as the OP and it seems like it is a problem with the 360 and how it handles HDMI. I can play at 1080p over component but not over hdmi. It is an issue that is not limited to the Xoro TV. If you google "1080p greyed out" you'll see that it is a known issue on a small number of TVs, Amps/receivers and projectors. MS are aware of it but so far have not implemented a fix- i believe it was mentioned on one forum that a guy was told by MS support that it will be implemented in a future dashboard update.

Funny thing though, my elite died there a couple of months ago and just before it died I turned it on to find that the resolution had reset back to 480p. I went into settings to fix this (usually run at 1080i) and lo and behold I could select 1080p. It stayed like that for about 4 days and then the xbox died. Haven't checked my replacement console yet as i'm playing it on my pc monitor at 1080p over vga but i'd imagine it won't accept 1080p via hdmi either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement