Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pajero 3.2 GLS anyone know about this model?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Im looking at a 2000 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2l TDI Commercial Jeep. Has anyone any experience with this particular model or aware of any issues?? Im sure fuel economy may be a concern but all jeeps of this engine size are a little thirsty. All help appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

are you sure you dont mean 3.2 DiD and not TDi??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 3.2 DI-D is lighter on fuel than the 2.5.
    Make sure the Super Select 4WD is working and engages properly, and there are no warning lights on the dash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Seinas wrote: »
    are you sure you dont mean 3.2 DiD and not TDi??

Yup your dead right, DiD indeed, havent seen the wagon up close yet, its the Pajor Exceed model. And thanks Colm I will check the 4wd, good idea.. Anyone actually own one or know how thirsty she is????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

I had a look at a few, seemingly between 25 and 30 MPG
    Mitsubishi are the thirstiest make of 4x4 across the board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

I've got the older 2.8 which the 3.2 engine is derived from. Its a thirsty animal, I get about 25 so I'd say a 3.2 SWB manual would do about 28/30. Its an old school diesel, so will need the oil changed every 6/7000 miles. Generally speaking it should be fairly reliable but when something goes wrong its expensive to fix!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

+1

........and remember a commercial jeep will need a DOE once a year as opposed to a passenger jeep needs an nct once every 2 years.

i had a 2.5td a good few yeafrs back.....24mpg.......
    I have a kia sorrento 2.5td at the mo for towing for business and on a good run without towing it'll do 34mpg. BTW- its a manual......autos will take 10 to 15% more off the mpg of any large 4x4.

for example here's a autozone offering for circa 12 to 13k
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Pajero-Commercial/SWB/921000/

but heres a newer kia PASSENGER - better vehicle with all the toys for maybe 3k more and 2 or 3 years younger and will only need an nct every 2 years and is easier on juice - a better option and a great 4x4 imho ,

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/KIA/Sorento/GS-Auto/938709/

As I always say to people when they ask me about cars/jeep/vans, its a buyers market out there and theres something for everyone at the right money these days. Enjoy!

Pajero Exceed is japanese domestic market model AFAIK, so don't take the claimed mileage too literally

Thanks for all the replies guys, the model im looking at is priced really well and to be honest looking at carzone I should be paying about 3 grand more.. Im not worried about jap mileage I own a Jap import mx5 and well look if it says 160k on the clock its very hard to tell if its done more and ive been in the crash repair industry so you can tell scuffs etc. My main concern is fuel economy, if I got 30mpg Id be very happy, as I say my 1.9 doesnt give me much more than that.

Its in really good condition and the price as I say is way lower than that of some of the wagons posted by you guys there. By the way its a garage sale not a private one so there is warranty etc...

Anyone else own or drive the 3.2 diesel?

is it automatic by any chance? Most exceeds are.

It is ya......

• Advertisement

that's gonna hurt the fuel economy, I'd reckon you'd be doing well at 30mpg.
    make sure the auto box changes up and down smoothly, and check the kickdown/manual mode works properly.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that's gonna hurt the fuel economy, I'd reckon you'd be doing well at 30mpg.
    make sure the auto box changes up and down smoothly, and check the kickdown/manual mode works properly.

Thanks Colm, Ill do that.. Id be happy with 30mpg upwards, considering the size of the wagon and the use it'll be to me I think it'll be worth it.. Ill make sure to give the gearbox a good testing..

as far as I know those 00 jap models had a 5 speed box. hopefully that is the case or else the engine will be very vocal at motorway speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭redser05

Hey Fusion,

I own one of these. Have had it for nearly two years. It is an automatic and is 4 speed. I do take it on the motor way and it is a little noisy but not nearly as much as you would expect. Have had a few issues with parts. But only cosmetic parts. I had a bit of bother getting dealers to give me parts for regular irish versions of the pajero. They will not order parts with out a chassis number and as a result tell you only the jap part will fit. Hence its a bit more expensive. I do love this jeep. It is thirsty but well managable. I put about €60 to €80 into it every week. traveling form Stillorgan to Swords monday to fri. I may be looking to sell mine. Will keep you informed.

Advertisement