Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Strip Clubs - Story?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

How now folks,

What's the flippin story with these in Dublin? Always wanted to have a look with my bird in tow so had a look online before we went out and found a mobile number for Angels and one of the other places and sent them a text askin about dress code. I wouldn't wear shoes and a shirt if you paid me **** that I wanna feel comfortable when I go out, I asked 'em if it was ok for chords and runners and Angels replied and said no problem.

Got to the door of Angels about 11pm and there was some aul fella in a suit with his missus and they were bein turned away cause there's no chicks allowed? WTF? I told them I'd been talkin to the manager earlier and he said it was ok and they said weekdays only so said **** that we'd try somewhere else. Asked him if he knew anywhere else and they were being complete dicks so we just ****ed off.
    On the way I gave the Angels mob a call and he answered and I asked him what the story was and he said it should have been ok there must have been some other reason, whatever.

So went to Lapello's on Dame St and got as far as the door, the guy looked at us and then said they were full, I asked him where all the people were cause it looked fairly quiet and the other, complete knacker, bouncer came to the door stuffin his face with a kebab and said they were full end of story so I asked where there was another one and he said South William Street and i said i wanted the club name not street and they got all pissy.

I reckon it coulda been my hoodie? Had a hoodie on under my jacket the hood would have been stickin out i reckon.

Well, anyone got the low down on these things in Dublin? Had a bust up with the lil lady afterwards about how pissed she got with the bouncers, she's from Spain so she still hasn't quite gotten the hang of our idiot bouncers here but time will help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Sounds like they didn't like the look of you. Bouncer’s are awful c*nt's at the best of times but if you go to a club wearing a hoody then you are basically handing them a reason to refuse you. I doubt you missed much TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well Lepello's is tiny inside. I'd well believe it was completely packed on a weekend.

I have gone in their with a date before with no problems... the bouncers just made sure the girl knew what type of place it was.

Don't know of one on South William Street though... but there are two on the Quays up by the Murphy's laughter lounge... I couldn't tell you what they are like though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

I have gone in their with a date before with no problems

You took a girl on a date to lapellos?
    You sir are my hero!

What is that place on eden quay like? Looks a complete dive from the outside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Date? In a strip club!! :DHow gangsta stylee is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

IrishMike wrote: »

It's a lapdance/strip club ffs. Are they known for their elegance? I'd imagine a lot of them are kips to be honest

• Advertisement

You sir are my hero!

You'd be surprised how many girls are curious. But all the clubs in Dublin are very much about pumping you for the private dances... the floor dances with the pole and stuff tend to be very limited.

Poor old Stringfellows was very good for it's floor shows though... and the staff there were incredibly friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

You'd be surprised how many girls are curious. But all the clubs in Dublin are very much about pumping you for the private dances... the floor dances with the pole and stuff tend to be very limited.

Poor old Stringfellows was very good for it's floor shows though... and the staff there were incredibly friendly.

Lots of women are curious, but not exactly somewhere you would take a girl on a date in fairness.

Lots of women are curious, but not exactly somewhere you would take a girl on a date in fairness.

Yeah... I'd much rather go to the wax museum... but they closed the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

c0ldfyr3 wrote: »
    Got to the door of Angels about 11pm and there was some aul fella in a suit with his missus and they were bein turned away cause there's no chicks allowed?

Is that legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I worked on the door of Angels for a long time, my brother has just left it.

There is no gender policy on the door, either you (OP) or the door staff are talking bollox.

Wearing a hoodie to the door, and you say you won't wear shirt or shoe's if your life depended on it.. And you bring your 'bird'. Sounds like you'd give even the most resonable bouncer more than enough excuse's to refuse you entry.

Probably not what you wanna hear, but thats how it is in Dublin. Don't like it, try Mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Why not save time and money and let your 'bird' be your Angel and get her to do a little private dance for you in the comfort of your own home.

You could even wear what you like - even just the hoodie on its own! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

A hoodie and runners......ffs

That's given me a great oul laugh.....dear oh dear.

What an advertisement for the place if they'd let you in!!!!

You sir are my hero!

The Garden of Eden one (closest to O'connell bridge) is crap. Charge a tenner at the door, just to gain admission. Pints range from €5 - about €6, although the floor staff are all topless. Not bad if you're not gonna spend much on dances, I s'pose. Dunno the price/quality of the dances.

Valentino's is the other one, under the hotel. The quality of the women was much better, no cover charge, €5-a-pint, and dances start @ €20 for 5 minutes for topless and quick flash of the lady garden, although one of the lads got ripped off by one of the coloured ladies who wouldn't even take her bra off (he's from Kerry and didn't realise any better).

There's no floor show in Valentino's though, just loadsa hot chicks running around in lingerie accepting drinks and plying their trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Was in the garden of eden about 4 months ago for a stag.Place is full of cocaine and the atmosphere is not the best.Wont be going back in a hurry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

Lap dancing clubs in Ireland are terrible anyway. I'd go down the canal and get myself a prostitute before paying into one of them places. Absolute rip and most of the women aren't nice. On a slightly different note, i've done a bit of travelling myself and Paris and New York stand out for lap dancing clubs, absolute quality. When we were in Slovakia for the football double header last year, one of the bars got in a couple of strippers at about half two in the morning to make sure we stayed for the rest of the night, gorgeous eastern European women, much better than the muck at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BDubliner wrote: »
    Lap dancing clubs in Ireland are terrible anyway. I'd go down the canal and get myself a prostitute before paying into one of them places. Absolute rip and most of the women aren't nice. On a slightly different note, i've done a bit of travelling myself and Paris and New York stand out for lap dancing clubs, absolute quality. When we were in Slovakia for the football double header last year, one of the bars got in a couple of strippers at about half two in the morning to make sure we stayed for the rest of the night, gorgeous eastern European women, much better than the muck at home.

Is that not what you get back home now anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Is that not what you get back home now anyway?

No, you do get Eastern Europeans but not gorgeous Eastern European wans. Plus a splattering of Africans, Asians and the mandatory Irish yokes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dress scruffy, get treated like a scruff. a hoodie...are you serious, you have a hard time getting into any decentnight lub by the sound of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

one of the coloured ladies

Bernard Manning is alive and well :rolleyes:

IanCurtis wrote: »

Maybe she was one of those green Orion slave girls from Star Trek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭c0ldfyr3

Hoodie and runners - I'm sorry did I miss something - 90% of the population of Ireland are wearing the exact same! I know knackers wear them but come on, stereotypes are ridiculous, I suppose bouncers are in the bracket of stereotyping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deeringc

Wear them... yeah, but not to a nightclub/strip club. :rolleyes:

Not that Im a big fan of wearing anything much more fancy than the aforementioned, but its the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

I wear a hoodie (zip up) and runners 85% of the time I go out in Dublin and have never been refused entry to anywhere. Obviously they're not mad white runners or a fluorescent reebok zip up but still pretty casual looking. Its how you carry yourself thats important.

vote4pedro wrote: »
    I wear a hoodie (zip up) and runners 85% of the time I go out in Dublin
    :eek:

I think I'm going to be sick!

I don't think I've ever worn a hoodie... and it's probably about 15 years since I last wore runners....

They simply wouldn't go with my monocle and penny farthing.

IanCurtis wrote: »

What would your liberal ass rather he he refered to the coloured lady as?.

:eek:

I think I'm going to be sick!

Wow that's cringeworthy. Please tell me you were taking the piss with that oh so biting remark? :o

I mean it was a brilliant attempt to look superior and all, but I'd imagine I look a lot smarter than most of the lads you'd see stumbling out of Coppers, Q Bar, and the like, in a cheap river island shirt and awful shoes that look like they were bought for their confirmation.
    Just have a quick trawl through Bebo and you might realise that a cheap short sleeved shirt isn't actually the height of fashion, but in fact can just make you look like a boy "dressing up" for the big night out.

Mairt wrote: »
    What would your liberal ass rather he he refered to the coloured lady as?.

I don't think coloured is the used term nowadays. For the same reason we don't call spics; spics, or negroes; negroes. i.e. it makes you sound like you're either from the 50s, or a bit of a twat.

I'd imagine I look a lot smarter than most of the lads you'd see stumbling out of Coppers, Q Bar, and the like
    That's a bit like someone saying that their tracksuit is smarter than another's boiler-suit. Of course it is, but that doesn't make it smart.

Raise your standards of comparison. ;)

vote4pedro wrote:
    Just have a quick trawl through Bebo
    I've never visited Bebo and hopefully never will! :eek: Isn't it for children?
    vote4pedro wrote:
    you might realise that a cheap short sleeved shirt isn't actually the height of fashion, but in fact can just make you look like a boy "dressing up" for the big night out.
    At 40 years of age I somehow doubt that I'd look like a "boy dressing up" and what's all this about short sleeved shirts? I don't recall saying that I wear a short sleeved shirt! :confused:

• Advertisement

I don't think coloured is the used term nowadays. For the same reason we don't call spics; spics, or negroes; negroes. i.e. it makes you sound like you're either from the 50s, or a bit of a twat.

Still not answering the question.

How should he have refered to her as?.

Advertisement