Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD-DVD addon question...

• 02-03-2008 4:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is the HD-DVD addon region free? My mam is going to the states tomorrow and I might get her to pick it up for me if its only 50 dollars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

HD DVD is region free so the player is also but for ordinary DVD's it will be region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Nope the DVD itself player is completely region free. For playing ordinary DVDs it uses the firmware of your console. So if you connect an American HD-DVD drive to a Euro console the DVD drive will play region 2 DVDs not region 1s. Hope that makes sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

kencleary wrote: »
    Nope the DVD itself player is completely region free. For playing ordinary DVDs it uses the firmware of your console. So if you connect an American HD-DVD drive to a Euro console the DVD drive will play region 2 DVDs not region 1s. Hope that makes sense.

Perfect sense, thanks a mill. Hopefully she can pick one up for me over there. Its a shame that consoles games ain't regionfree cos she was willing to get me anything I wanted and bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Most of the X360 games are region free.
    Play-asia have a list somewhere I think of those that are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Is anywhere selling is for ~€50 here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

GAME are selling it for €70 new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

i have a different question, currently my xbox is hooked up through the hdmi ( xbox) to the DVI (tv) connection. This allows me to play in 1080i on the tv but with no sound. Was thinking of getting a VGA cable for the xbox to address this problem and i have a VGA /DVI adapter for the tv. Question is though, would i no longer be able to playback in 1080i and if i got the HD-DVD addon, would 1080i be possible through the VGA/DVI connection?

Advertisement