Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little advice?

• 02-03-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi There,
    Just a quick (and rather embarrassing) question. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop "runners trots"? It's the only the only thing that hinders me as I train for an upcoming marathon. Any advice would be most welcome :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Too much dairy produce to close to a run can be problem. Watch how close before a run you eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

hey i suffer this too.. or used ..i hope lol... anyway, I put it down to coffee(caffeine).. and eating too much cereal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

coffee and bananas are a lethal combination for me. Raisins can also be a pain in the bum (boom boom) for me.

Brown bread rips through a friend of mine but doesn't affect me.

A bit of trial and error is what's needed on your part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

For me it was OJ or coffee , did chicago marathon a good frew years ago and had a big problem on sunday long runs had to stop drinking coffee the night before or morning or along run

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Aggie Plod

Cool running has some very useful info on this topic in Med Tent forum as per link(if I've pasted it properly) http://community.active.com/thread/15916?tstart=45#15916

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

dioralites can be taken before your run, can some times help and good for getting salts etc back into you after a long run. or hangover!!

Advertisement