Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haditha Revisited.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

12/19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

13/19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Although I apparently left two blank.

Ah well, I was expecting to get a five and be told
    "It's a good thing we don't have people like you in the army, hippie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

15/19 i thought you couldnt enter a mosque,shoot with out being fired upon or kill unarmed people running away from an ied, americans are really gung ho:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

13/19 alot of the anwers were shot first and answer questions later!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

15/19 i thought you couldnt enter a mosque,shoot with out being fired upon or kill unarmed people running away from an ied, americans are really gung ho

Why should a mosque offer protection? If you're sure the enemy's inside, by all means, go after them.

Waiting for the other guy to shoot first is not a recipe for survival: You're reliant on the other guy missing. There should be a reasonable threat, or a good indication that the target is enemy.

NTM

i dont agree with not shooting until fired upon, i thought that only people of that religion could enter a mosque and the iraqi armed forces could only enter one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

18/19... anyone watch the documentery... both sides are bull****ting to the extreme

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

i thought that only people of that religion could enter a mosque and the iraqi armed forces could only enter one?

That's the preferred course of action, and if there's no 'hurry' in the matter (such as you're going to search it because intel says there's a weapons cache inside), then why risk annoying anyone?

However, if someone's shooting at you from it, they defiled the mosque, not you, and it loses its protected status. It's just like people using a hospital as a strongpoint: Are you forbidden from shooting at them because they've chosen to use a hospital to shoot at you from? Would you expect to be immune from pursuit/engagement because you ran into Christchurch Cathedral?

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Why should a mosque offer protection? If you're sure the enemy's inside, by all means, go after them.

Waiting for the other guy to shoot first is not a recipe for survival: You're reliant on the other guy missing. There should be a reasonable threat, or a good indication that the target is enemy.

NTM

Churches/mosques etc offer no protection and people shouldnt be under the illusion that they do... how many times around the world have civillians run into places of worship only to be locked in and have the building burnt down

• Advertisement

That's the preferred course of action, and if there's no 'hurry' in the matter (such as you're going to search it because intel says there's a weapons cache inside), then why risk annoying anyone?

However, if someone's shooting at you from it, they defiled the mosque, not you, and it loses its protected status. It's just like people using a hospital as a strongpoint: Are you forbidden from shooting at them because they've chosen to use a hospital to shoot at you from? Would you expect to be immune from pursuit/engagement because you ran into Christchurch Cathedral?

NTM

thanks for clearing that up, i totally agree with that corse of action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

15/19 - It should explain where you went wrong.

Advertisement