Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packard Bell...?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I just installed a new HDD into my bro's computer, and after reinstalling windows etc, I obviously need to get the drivers for certain parts

So, in order to find out what I need specifically, I got the Serial number, and the part number, went to packardbell.com/support/ and typed them both in. Now, I have typed them both in correctly so many times, and it keeps telling me it's not recognised??

I am so confused, and I'm not sure what to do?! I dislike PB myself as have had many issues with them in the past, but this is the only way I can think of doing it?

I'm missing Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, and the Video Controller (VGA Compatible).

I would love to know the specific model PB machine it is, but it's like a generic casing with no indication of a model number anywhere on the casing.

Anyone be able to help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

have a look on the motherboard there mght be a model name or some serial numbers you can google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you tried to google the model number ? for example try Packard Bell 1508 Drivers. It should throw up something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hey Smiley,

I think I showed you this prog last time I was talking to you. It will show all unknown devices and help you to determine what they are. Might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

Hey irlrobins,

Thanks a million, I knew there was something but I couldn't remember what!! I'll run this tonight and hopefully it'll give me a clue as to what I need to find to download!

Silly PB, lying about their serial numbers! lol.

Anti - I don't actually know the model number as it comes in a generic casing and there is no model number as far as I have searched... and I have searched everywhere on this PC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Smiley012 wrote: »
    Hey irlrobins,

Thanks a million, I knew there was something but I couldn't remember what!! I'll run this tonight and hopefully it'll give me a clue as to what I need to find to download!

Cool, just remember to get the latest device list for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement