Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Weekend, what to do?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Well boy!

Heading down to Dunmore East with five mates over the Easter Weekend (arriving Good Friday evening and heading home on Monday evening) and looking for any sort of events to keep us entertained! The hurling is on Sunday afternoon so we'll be going to that, but just wondering if anyone had something else quirky or unusual to attend over the weekend?

Also, was thinking of taking a trip over to Lismore to see Ballysaggartmore and Lismore Castle on one of the days if we had the time, worth a look? Looks pretty spectacular from what I've seen.

PS - Where would I get a good blaa, and some red lead (in Dunmore preferably)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Well boy!

Heading down to Dunmore East with five mates over the Easter Weekend (arriving Good Friday evening and heading home on Monday evening) and looking for any sort of events to keep us entertained! The hurling is on Sunday afternoon so we'll be going to that, but just wondering if anyone had something else quirky or unusual to attend over the weekend?

Also, was thinking of taking a trip over to Lismore to see Ballysaggartmore and Lismore Castle on one of the days if we had the time, worth a look? Looks pretty spectacular from what I've seen.

PS - Where would I get a good blaa, and some red lead (in Dunmore preferably)?

drive to passage east and go across the river on the car ferry, head down to hook head and while your in the area you will see loftus hall(haunted house), although you can only see it from the roadside, as its locked up and the owners dont like visitors

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There are no events, that im aware of, planned for the area.

You could do the Tramore Walk, or go on the costal drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

drive to passage east and go across the river on the car ferry, head down to hook head and while your in the area you will see loftus hall(haunted house), although you can only see it from the roadside, as its locked up and the owners dont like visitors

Will be getting the Passage ferry on the way down anyway, always a bit of fun. :D Have been down Hook Head direction with this bunch of lads before, so probably won't be out that direction again this time.
    Sully wrote: »
    There are no events, that im aware of, planned for the area.

You could do the Tramore Walk, or go on the costal drive?

Yeah will probably head over to the hurdy-gurdys in Tramore on the Monday, the drive from Dunmore is pretty special alright. Out by Ballymacaw and that neck of the woods. Hopefully the weather will be decent and we'll get to go on the Tramore Walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

You have got to visit ballysaggartmore towers .. they are worth seeing .. its a nice walk and if its a nice day make sure you have your camera!!!

what i was wondering JoeSoap was ... why on earth would anyone go away on good friday night where there will be absolutely nowhere open?!
    Just wondering ???!

She Devil wrote: »
    You have got to visit ballysaggartmore towers .. they are worth seeing .. its a nice walk and if its a nice day make sure you have your camera!!!

Ballysaggartmore Towers look incredible, came across them online a while back and couldn't believe I'd never heard of nor seen them before.
    She Devil wrote: »
    what i was wondering JoeSoap was ... why on earth would anyone go away on good friday night where there will be absolutely nowhere open?!
    Just wondering ???!

Because the six of us have the Saturday, Sunday and Monday off, so it makes sense to go for three nights instead of two, when its the same price. :) We can always get cans.

• Advertisement

Awesome weekend, didn't really venture beyond Dunmore but it really is a great place for a weekend session. Will be back down soon!

Advertisement