Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Any good Online racing games PC?

Options
  • 02-03-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

Not really into the burnout style games, far too much road rage etc...

Will play any other style game, as long as lag is ok....

F1 are suppose to be good online?

I Loved gran turismo on the playstation, can you get that online on the ps2/3?

Any game on the pc similar to gran turismo with online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

You could try Project Torque.I'm enjoying it very much.
    It's easy to control the cars even with keyboard,there are always a lot of players online.
    It's not a proper simulation,but a lot better than NFS titles.
    And it's free :D

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Test Drive Unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Thanks gibbon, will get that now....

Works with a ps2 style controller?

AFAIK it does,it even supports my Logitech G25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

if you ever change your mind, flatout 2 is excellent online. I've played quite a few racing games for the PC, and flatout 2 is the only one I keep coming back to.

Plus, even though damage is allowed, you can still find a lot of games online where you'll get kicked if you start crashing into people.

• Advertisement

Holsten wrote: »
    Test Drive Unlimited.

Looks a cool game game, whats the online play like?

Been on Project Torque for the last 2 hours and it good, but quite laggy, its free so what can I expect...

I have a 3mb bt connection and my line stats are quite good...

Any online racing games with lag free gaming similar to WoW :p

Has anyone played trackmania nations?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Trackmania is awesome, Its a competition game so its very er.. competitive :) Very fast and easy to play but tough to master!

Try it

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Been on Project Torque for the last 2 hours and it good, but quite laggy, its free so what can I expect...

I have the same connection (only with Eircom),but never noticed any lag
    Have you tried to tweak the graphic settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Looks a cool game game, whats the online play like?

Awful Awful Awful!!!

My cousin, brother and myself bought this game when it came out on the pc after playing the 360 demo. Loads of cars nice gfx and a big ass map to free roam around.
    Online is a joke, I havent played it since last year sometime so cant remember the nigly detaisl too well but I think you can only meet 8 players at a time. We would spend over an hour trying to find each other on the map going to most remote parts of the island and just driving about in close proximity waiting to sync with each other chattin on team speak to make sure we were in the same area, if one of us could see another the 3rd person usually couldnt. Then they released a patch which finally stopped me from finding any players online.

Excellent idea for a game very poor result. If you have a g25 wheel and just want to cruise round the island it is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

gibbon75 wrote: »
    You could try Project Torque.I'm enjoying it very much.
    It's easy to control the cars even with keyboard,there are always a lot of players online.
    It's not a proper simulation,but a lot better than NFS titles.
    And it's free :D

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

D/led it overnight and tried it this morning , looks like it could be a good laugh on teamspeak , good catch there my man .

Clocked up about 15 hours on this now witht he guys on teamspeak and having a good laugh with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

If you're looking for a true simulation, I think most people reckon rFactor and Live For Speed 2 to be the cream of the crop online.

GT Legends and GTR are good, but don't seem to fare as well online. There's a boards racing sim forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=231

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Seconding Live for Speed. My brother plays it quite a bit. Its pretty realistic, but the online racing seems pretty good from what I saw.

If you have a good wheel set up its even better, as it realistically implements the clutch

The problem is with LFS,rFactor,Race07 etc. you have to join a racing community the play fair games and avoid online wreckers and idiots.
    I recently bought a G25,bucket seat and I'm in the process of building a racing cockpit out of PVC pipes :)
    Something like this:
    http://www.snowy91.com/cockpit/

jonski wrote: »
    D/led it overnight and tried it this morning , looks like it could be a good laugh on teamspeak , good catch there my man .

I'm happy you like it ;)

gibbon75 wrote: »
    I recently bought a G25,bucket seat and I'm in the process of building a racing cockpit out of PVC pipes :)
    Something like this:
    http://www.snowy91.com/cockpit/

Looking good , but the thing that impresses me most is how you got my cat in the pic :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Since you said you love Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3 is playable online. You pretty much can't turn on a TV without seeing ads telling you that so you've probably heard by now :)

steviec wrote: »
    Since you said you love Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3 is playable online. You pretty much can't turn on a TV without seeing ads telling you that so you've probably heard by now :)

Deffo getting that Steve, looks insane..

Been playing rfactor for the last few weeks and love it..

Advertisement