Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone: in-line remote?

• 02-03-2008 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

(Sorry to any people who are ticked off at the number of Jesus-phone threads :D)

Anyone find a good inline remote for the iPhone?

What I would like it to do is:
    • Plug into headphone socket.
    • Allow you to plug standard headphones into it (some headphones can't go into the socket)
    • Give you play/pause, volume up/down and next/previous track buttons.
    • Clip on to your collar like the iPod Shuffle.
    I have a shuffle at the moment, and would hate have to take an iPhone out of my pocket and look at the touch screen to perform those basic options.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The earbuds you get with the iPhone have simple in-line remote functionality.

In that there's a little notch on them and when you're listening to your MP3 Player, you can press the notch twice to skip to the next track. And when you recieve a call, press once to answer it and twice to send it to voicemail.

Basic enough but quite nifty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

basquille wrote: »
    The earbuds you get with the iPhone have simple in-line remote functionality.

In that there's a little notch on them and when you're listening to your MP3 Player, you can press the notch twice to skip to the next track. And when you recieve a call, press once to answer it and twice to send it to voicemail.

Basic enough but quite nifty too.

Thanks for the info.

I would like to use my own earphones - I have nice Etymotic ones, and the Apple earphones are very uncomfortable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

BluEye. Sound quality is usually better through the dock connector than the Headphone socket. At least it is with the iPods.

Advertisement